Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Mushrooms smothered in a rich sauce filled with incredible flavours!
LOW CARB AND VEGETARIAN! Mushrooms are seared first in garlic butter infused with sun dried tomatoes before being simmered in the BEST sauce FILLED with parmesan cheese, herbs and spinach. Transform regular mushrooms into a spectacular dish!
Deliciously easy and ready in less than 15 minutes, this will become your NEW favourite Mushrooms Recipe!
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY GARLIC BUTTER TUSCAN MUSHROOMS
Sink your teeth into the thick and meaty texture mushrooms are loved for! Whether you love simple buttery garlic mushrooms, creamy mushrooms with bacon, or a delicious cream of mushroom soup, we ALL need a simple go-to mushroom recipe.
Sauté onion and garlic in melted butter until nice and fragrant.
Fry your clean mushrooms. You can add them whole, halved or sliced.
Pour in dry white wine if using and cook until reduced. Use a good quality Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or Sauv Blanc. (SUBSTITUTE wine for chicken stock or broth.)
Add the sun dried tomatoes and cook well to release flavours.
Simmer with heavy cream, spinach, parmesan cheese and herbs.
ENJOY your Tuscan Mushrooms!
HOW TO CLEAN MUSHROOMS
Wipe over each mushroom with a damp paper towel for soft pastry brush if needed to remove loose dirt and debris. Work one at a time.
Lightly rinse under cold water and thoroughly pat dry with paper towel.
Avoid soaking them as they will absorb water like a sponge and won’t brown during cooking.
You want them to brown and crisp nicely before simmering in this delectable creamy Tuscan sauce.
WHAT ARE THE BEST MUSHROOMS TO COOK WITH?
Brown Mushrooms like Cremini or Portobello are ideal. You could also use white button mushrooms or Porcino.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH MUSHROOMS?
Creamy Mushrooms can be served with steak, chicken, pork, fish, pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, garlic bread or just eat them straight out of the pan!
Alternatively, keep it low carb and enjoy with mashed cauliflower, zucchini noodles, steamed vegetables or cauliflower rice.
HOW DO YOU STORE COOKED TUSCAN MUSHROOMS?
- Refrigerate cooked mushrooms with sauce in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Cooked mushrooms can be frozen for up to 3 months.
LOVE CREAMY TUSCAN RECIPES? TRY THESE!
Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 21 oz (600 g) mushrooms, washed and dried with paper towel
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, (OPTIONAL)
- 5 oz (150 g) jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, (reserve 1 tablespoon of the jarred oil for cooking)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, (SEE NOTES)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, OPTIONAL -- (mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water for a thicker sauce.
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and sauté onion until transparent; add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about one minute). Cook the sun dried tomatoes and oil in with the butter for about 2 minutes to release all of their flavours. Cook mushrooms in the tomato flavours for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine or broth (if using), and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan. (SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU WISH.)
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves; allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.)
- Mix in the herbs and garnish with parsley.
- Serve over mashed cauliflower, zucchini noodles or steamed veg. Alternatively, serve over pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.