Classic Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Waffles bursting with blueberries in every bite, served with a creamy cheesecake topping and fresh home-made Blueberry Sauce!
Classic Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Waffles… What more could I say than WOW!
Crispy, fluffy waffles that could be mistaken for blueberry cake are what these waffles are. Say that 10 times fast.
Ever since we bought a waffle maker, (this one to be exact), our days have been filled with crispy waffles of all different colours and flavours. Waffles for breakfast. Waffles for lunch. Waffles for dinner, even. I’m staring to prefer waffles over pancakes. I know! The insanity! Don’t even.
No flipping. No waiting around a stove. Just pour batter into a machine and DONE. I mean, who doesn’t love an easy breakfast?
Out of all of the waffles we’ve been trying, eating and loving, these Blueberry Waffles have been making regular appearances in this house. And I’m not kidding when I say waffles for dinner. We are so in love with these waffles that we had them ALLLLL DAYYYYY on Saturday while listening to the rain, covered in blankets and pretending it was Summer. These waffles have Summer ALL over them. Oh Summer. How I miss thee.
Creamy swirls of cheesecake on top of cake-like waffles, drowning in this fresh, homemade blueberry sauce is what you need to be making every Sunday morning, like us right now, and get on my level of epic desserts for breakfast.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Equipment Used In This Recipe
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Waffles
Weight Watchers: 8 SP per waffle incl. toppings
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk (almond, skim, full fat or 2%)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (reduced fat or light)
- 1 lemon , juiced (about 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain | all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar (white or coconut sugar/s -- can substitute with a natural granulated sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 1 cup (8 oz | 250 g) light cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt (or plain or blueberry flavoured) OR whipping cream if you don't like yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or a natural granulated sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar
- Use THIS RECIPE
- Preheat waffle maker (or iron) according to manufacturers instructions. I use this waffle maker,
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Beat until blended; fold in blueberries.
- Pour the batter into preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Top with cheesecake topping and this fresh homemade blueberry sauce. Serve immediately.
- Beat cheesecake ingredients until well combined, smooth and lump free
- Use this recipe