With a hot fudge sauce? Oh my…. You know those mornings where you feel like you need coffee in everything? Because one cup of coffee just won’t do? Well, that was my morning!
The chocolate chips added into the mix just glorified them even more. How do they taste? Incredible. Exactly like CAKE! And I only speak the truth. So a coffee cake for breakfast to start the day, with melt in your mouth choclate chips..topped with a creamy ‘frosting’ and dusted with chocolate dusting powder. Because it’s not cappuccino without dusting powder.
Do you see the top? Dusting powder. The heavenly addition to ANY cappuccino creation!
Beautiful coffee flavoured fluffy pancakes. The perfect Zing to your Zang. Ok. Too far? NEVER!
I knda have a slight obsession with Cappuccino flavours, I think. There’s that Chocolate Chip Cappuccino Cake from a while ago… and then I’m kinda guilty of making my Fudgy Cappuccino Cake Bars. I know. Self-confessed coffee addict right here.
And what does the inside of this glorious stack look like?
So fluffy. So perfect. And melt-y chocolate chips.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 cup <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052OMOKS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0052OMOKS&linkCode=as2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=Q7WZOAJTGTVPGETO">Organic Spelt Flour</a><img src="https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B0052OMOKS" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> (or plain/all purpose)
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour (or plain/all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXC5G56/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00IXC5G56&linkCode=as2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=262ZUHM2OBULFNLV">Natvia Natural Sweetener</a><img src="https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B00IXC5G56" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> or sugar of choice
- 3 tablespoons (30g) light butter/coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup (45g) semi sweet/dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla greek yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- Chocolate dusting powder
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sweetener/sugar
- 2 tablespoons warm/hot water
- Combine the flour/s, baking powder, soda and sweetener/sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add butter, egg and milk.
- Mix well until combined, but don't over beat the batter
- Add the coffee powder and fold in chocolate chips, stirring until the coffee has dissolved.
- Cook on a nonstick pan using 1/4 cup batter per pancake until golden, and flip.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To make cappuccino frosting, beat yoghurt and sweetener/sugar together until smooth. Spoon onto pancakes and top with chocolate dusting powder
- To make the hot fudge sauce, combine all sauce ingredients together, and drizzle over pancakes
I love using both white and wholemeal flours to my pancake mixes to make them filling without losing the pancake flavour or texture, however, you can definitely use whatever flour you're used to!
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.