Fluffy Greek Yoghurt And Mixed Berry Choc Chip Pancakes
Just in time for Valentine’s Day! Perfectly fluffy and healthier-ish Greek Yoghurt Pancakes, full of juicy berries and melty chocolate chips. Because the fact that they have greek yoghurt makes them healthier, right?
Don’t ya wish your pancakes were hot like mine… So fluffy. So soft. So unbelievably decadent and just.yum. I can’t put it all into any more words other than those. Because I’m all flustered and fanning myself down from the excitement of fluffy pancakes – for real – made of the ‘good-for-you’ stuff of Greek Yoghurt.
Let’s all just take a moment to look inside this stack of epic fluffiness, and melted chocolate chips, shall we? And maybe give them a round of applause.I mean, finally getting it right, I can tell you I was dancing around the kitchen, and mayyyybe there was a leeeedle screeching involved, but basically there was a lot of downright excitement.
Because fluffy cake for breakfast excites me so much more than it should. But especially healthier type cake things that I can eat-more-than-one.
And dusted with icing sugar for good measure. Yes, with extra chocolate chips. Because chocolate comes from a plant.
I love my lens. Because it is in my firm and strong belief that pancakes all up in our faces is so much better than far away shots needing a magnifying glass to see what you’re looking at. And the best part of food blogging? Eating. Yep. That’s a huge bonus.
Anyone want some?
I drizzled these with some honey instead of maple syrup, and oh lordy…. It was a ‘hello world!’ moment.
So many blueberries and raspberries happening. And not a peep was heard outta my kids while they demolished their stacks.
Fluffy Greek Yoghurt and Mixed Berry Choc Chip Pancakes
- 2 cups organic white self raising flour (or light spelt flour; whole wheat or all purpose flours)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (1 tablespoon baking powder if using the other flour options)
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1/2 teaspoon if using other flours)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil , melted (or any oil)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or skim/low fat milk)
- 1/3 cup fresh (or frozen) raspberries
- 1/3 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 1/4 cup dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine together all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine together the eggs, oil, vanilla and yogurt. Whisk well until creamy and smooth. Add the milk, and mix until combined.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture over the dry ingredients and stir slowly and gently with a wooden spoon until batter is just combined. The batter won't be smooth. Don't worry about any lumps. Fold the berries and the chocolate chips through the batter, being gentle again, not to break the berries.
- Heat a pan/griddle on medium heat and spray with cooking oil spray, spreading it out evenly with your spatula. Using a ladle or 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto pan to make pancakes. When batter is on the pan, spread it out a little with the back of your spoon to shape them.
- Cook them for about 3-4 minutes, and check the underside before flipping. If golden, flip and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through. Bubbles don't form on these due to thickness. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, dust with a little icing sugar and top with extra berries!
I’m definitely making these babies this weekend. Soooo excited! Thanks for your awesome recipes!
I’ve made your pancakes yesterday and although the taste is really good, they weren’t near as fluffy as yours, quite flat actually 🙁 any idea why? I used the same ingredients…
Hi Elisa. It’s really hard to say why they didn’t turn out without being there and cooking them with you. Did you follow the recipe exactly with the 2 teaspoons of baking powder? A few followers on Instagram have made them successfully and posted pictures of them, it’s such a shame they didn’t work out for you!
Can I just say that this is the ONLY pancake recipe I make now. I have promptly shared with all my friends because it is AHMAYZEEENG. My pancakes are a joy to eat. So so fluffy…even with the tweaks (i.e. protein powder mix instead of flour)
You’re amazing Karina. Thank you!!!
That’s so amazing Irawo! Thank you so much for commenting and letting me know! Augh I’m so happy to read this!
Great photos: plating, framing, lighting, color. 🙂
Thak you, thank you and thank you! I’m still learning but slowly getting there, so your comment means the world to me right about now Xxx Thank you so much!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
I never have made pancakes with greek yoghurt before so this is a must try recipe for me. These pancakes just look SO perfect and delicious!
Oh my god seriously try it! So amazing! So super fluffy! I think I’ll be doing more of these!
Jessie @ Straight to the Hips, Baby says
These look absolutely perfect! Great photographs!
Wow, thank you so much! I really appreciate your comment! Like, more than ever Xxx
I love all your recipes, they always look & taste great. I use my Thermomix for all your recipes – Thanks for the inspiration & variety
Aw that’s awesome. I’m so glad you’re enjoying them! You made my day Xxx