The BEST Beef Chili recipe ready in under 30 minutes! Full of ground beef, beans and seasonings, this chili gets its flavour and spice from Jalapeños!
A big bowl of our Homemade Chili Recipe is perfect for a cold and rainy night in with a piece of buttermilk cornbread to soak up all the juices leftover in the bowl. YES! One pot — 30 minutes — PERFECT!
The best Chili recipe doesn’t get any easier than this. If you’ve been following me for a while now, you may have noticed how much I love throwing ingredients into a pot and allowing it to cook or simmer until its ready.
There’s nothing like putting a large pot of Chili in the centre of the table and have everyone at it. Especially when it’s cold and miserable outside! I took full advantage of the freezing nights and made three batches of this chili — two of which made it to the freezer waiting for me to use them for something else.
HOW DO YOU MAKE GOOD HOMEMADE CHILI
Start with a large heavy-based pot (or casserole pot) and sauté onions, green peppers (or capsicum), jalapeños and garlic until fragrant.
Cook until browned (Break up any big chunks with the end of your wooden spoon). Stir in your seasonings and spices, then mix in crushed tomatoes, broth and beans.
Let simmer until the chili thickens (this takes about 30 minutes). That’s IT!
WHAT INGREDIENTS GO INTO CHILI?
- The recipe calls for ground beef (or beef mince) but you CAN you use ground turkey or chicken. You could also use a slow cook meat, such as chuck steak or brisket, BUT you will need to have it on a low simmer for a couple of hours to allow the meat to break down.
- You’ll need other simple veggies, such as onions, bell peppers and garlic to create your flavour base.
- The most important ingredients to add into a good chili recipe is spices! For example: cumin, chili powder, paprika and cayenne.
WHAT BEANS DO YOU USE FOR CHILI?
Any beans can be used in this chili recipe! I love kidney beans (red beans) and black beans, but you can swap them with pinto beans or even chick peas!
WHAT DO YOU TOP CHILI WITH?
To make your Chili even BETTER, top with any of the following options!
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced jalapeños
- Sliced green onions
- Chopped Cilantro
WHAT GOES WELL WITH CHILI FOR DINNER?
BEST CHILI LEFTOVERS
Turn your leftovers into another meal with so many different options!
- Serve with a side of corn chips or warm tortillas
- Over rice and beans
- With fries or wedges
- Stuffed inside baked jacket potatoes
- As Sloppy Joes stuffed inside fresh bread rolls
- As a hot dog topping — Chili Dogs!
Or create a whole new CHILI recipe, such as this Chili Mac And Cheese!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
The best and easiest chili recipe ready in under 30 minutes! Full of ground beef, beans and Jalapeño peppers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions diced
- 1 green pepper (capsicum) diced
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers finely chopped (with seeds)
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped or minced (or 2 tablespoons minced garlic)
- 2 pounds (1 kg) ground beef mince
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder (adjust to your tastes)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (or sweet paprika)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (adjust to your tastes)
- 14 ounces (410 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces (420 g) can tomato sauce (American) (or condensed tomato soup for Aussies)
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef or chicken broth
- 28 ounces (800 g) cans kidney beans, drained
- 14 ounces (400 g) can black beans, drained
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Chopped Green Onions
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
Heat oil in large heavy-based pot (or casserole pot) over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until transparent, then add the green peppers (or capsicum), jalapeños and garlic; sautéing for a further minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up any big chunks with the end of your wooden spoon. Stir in the cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt and mix through until beef is fully coated in the seasonings.
Mix in the crushed tomatoes along with the juices, the tomato sauce (or soup), broth and beans. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and allow to simmer while stirring occasionally, until the chili thickens (about 30 minutes).
Ladle into individual bowls, and top with sour cream, grated cheese, sliced jalapeños, chopped green onions, and/or cilantro.
Chili can be made 2 days ahead. After cooking, allow to cool completely, cover and refrigerate. On the day of cooking, take out of the refrigerator at least an hour before heating.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.