Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken is full of incredible flavour! Juicy on the inside, with a golden and crisp skin!
A Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken that marinades in no time thanks to a rich-in-flavour sauce that turns into mouth-watering pan drippings!
With Cinco De Mayo around the corner, I know many of my American readers look forward to the celebrations, while scouring the internet looking for flavourful recipes to help kick start the celebrations AND keep them going. This week I’m going to provide you as many recipes as I can!
And what better way to kick it all of than with this Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken!
Also, I’m aware I’ve just posted a Honey Lime Garlic Butter Salmon, HOWEVER, with limes in abundance over here at the moment, I’m taking FULL advantage and enjoying every single drop of juice I can get. Hashtag notreallysorry.
This chicken needs to be ONE of your dinner choices (because another is coming to you through the week). In typical Karina fashion, I’m a be working backwards by giving you a killer dinner recipe first.
If you remember way back when my blog was still in nappies, you may remember this Chili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad blowing up everywhere. You, and I, both loved that marinade so much, that I’ve been ITCHING to make it into a FULL ON roast recipe.
Even though there are many Cilantro Lime recipes out there, I KNOW you guys will love and appreciate this one. Because CRISPY SKIN wins food lovers over EVERY SINGLE TIME.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (Juice of 2 limes)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon red chili (or pepper) flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 bone-in skin-on (or off) chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, to serve
- Lime slices or wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C | 425°F.
- In a medium-sized shallow bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil together with the lime juice, chopped cilantro, chili flakes, garlic, sugar and cumin. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate thighs for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining one tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the thighs along with any marinade left over in the bowl, and sear chicken -- skin-side down -- for 4 minutes on each side until golden and crispy (chicken will not be fully cooked).
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through (about 15-20 minutes).
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime slices or wedges.
- Serve over steamed rice or cauliflower rice, and drizzle with the pan juices.
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.