Lemon Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce is your new family favourite dinner!
This Lemon Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce combines two recipes into one: lemon garlic chicken AND a lemon garlic cream sauce to keep the flavours going!
A lot of my readers have been asking if this Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Piccata can be served without the addition of parmesan cheese. Even though I do understand some people have parmesan cheese issues (my husband being one of them) I have to admit part of me screams WHAT THE EVEN?! NO PARMESAN? But WHY? THEN, in the same breath, some readers have been asking if they can cook this Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken with chicken breasts.
INCOMING….the recipe of your dreams.
Can I just say that our Saturday night dinner was one of the best we’ve had in a looooooong time. This recipe was so good I made it again on Sunday. You know, for my parents, which is NOT an excuse. Maybe.
Also, I have a confession. I maybe sort of kind of okay I did drink the sauce out of the pan by the spoonfuls.
In the recipe, I’ve provided you with options. I tried this recipe first without coating the chicken in flour and then I tried it with. Personally, I LOVE the floured version a lot more than the non-floured, due to the soft coating on the chicken after frying. BUT I also understand many of my readers are doing low carb right now…so this is a killing-two-birds-with-one-stone kinda recipe.
Lemon Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce is THE ultimate chicken recipe!
- I used light or reduced fat cooking cream for this recipe. You can substitute heavy cream or half and half instead.
- The flour coating is OPTIONAL. Keep it flour free for low carb.
- Try this Salmon version for something different!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons flour (all purpose or tapioca) -- OPTIONAL
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 medium-sized brown onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (or 6-8 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1¼ cup chicken broth (stock)
- ⅔ cup light cooking cream*
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (adjust to your tastes)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian mixed herbs**
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Lemon slices or wedges, to serve
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Squeeze the lemon juice of half a lemon over each fillet, rubbing it into each fillet. (The next step is optional): Add the flour to a shallow bowl and dredge each fillet in the flour; shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer onto a warm plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes). Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the broth. Season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook to reduce down slightly (about 6 minutes). Add in the cream and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer for about 5 minutes until it begins to thicken. (If the sauce is too runny for your liking, add the cornstarch/water mixture into the centre of the pan and mix through fast to combine into the sauce. It will begin to thicken immediately).
- Pour in the lemon juice, allow to simmer gently for a further minute to combine. Stir in the Italian herbs. Add the chicken back into the pan, cover with the sauce and serve over rice, pasta, steamed vegetables or zucchini noodles. Garnish with lemon slices or wedges and parsley.
**If you don't have access to Italian dried herbs, use 1½ teaspoons dried basil and ½ teaspoon dried oregano.
Adapted from Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken and Lemon Parmesan Chicken Piccata
Try this Easy Salmon Piccata for something different!
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.