Honey Mustard Chicken & Potatoes is all made in one pan! Juicy, succulent chicken pieces are cooked in the best honey mustard sauce, surrounded by green beans and potatoes for a complete meal!
Ah, Honey Mustard Chicken & Potatoes (One Pan). Honey mustard makes this chicken one of the best recipes I have on here. You know when you’re looking at a tray of meat (in this case, chicken), and you have NO idea what to make with it, but then a craving hits you so hard for a particular flavour that you HAVE to try it? Then, you keep adding things to said craving, and something really incredible happens.
That’s what happened here.
I was staring down this chicken, when thoughts of honey and mustard smothered chicken invaded those thought processes. But, what would happen if I add the potatoes that are also staring me down? Something amazing.
Why do I say something incredible happens? It’s the sauce. The sauce may taste strong before it goes into the oven, and this is a good thing. Once the chicken start to release their natural juices while baking, that’s where the magic begins. The honey mustard turns into a salty/sweet sauce with a hint of garlic and an unmistakable mustard tang.
If you’re NOT a fan of honey mustard, this one is for you.
That’s the stuff, right there 👇
Add in green beans to complete the meal, or any other green vegetables you prefer.
For another delicious flavour combination, try this Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken And Potatoes.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 4-5 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on or off
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1-1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound | 500g baby red potatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces | 250 grams green beans, halved
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F. Generously season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes each side, til the skin becomes golden and crisp. Leave 2 tablespoons of chicken juices in the pan for added flavour, and drain any excess.
- Fry the garlic in the same pan around the chicken for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the honey, both mustards, and water to the pan, mixing well, and combine all around the chicken.
- Add in the potatoes; mix them through the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to your tastes. Allow the honey mustard sauce to simmer for two minutes, then transfer to the hot oven and bake for 30 minutes, Remove from the oven; add in the green beans (mixing them through the sauce), and return to the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, and the potatoes are fork tender.
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.