Garlic Salmon In Foil With A Thick And Creamy Honey Mustard Cream Cheese Sauce! The salmon is so easy and quick to make in the oven, with minimal clean up thanks to the foil!
Garlic Salmon In Foil With A Thick And Creamy Honey Mustard Cream Cheese Sauce is the way to go!
One of the best ways to make salmon is wrapped and sealed in foil. You could also make this recipe in parchment (baking paper), if you wish! Both methods work perfectly. Plus, the honey mustard sauce being smothered onto each tender-golden fillet, made with cream cheese for extra decadence and flavour, is incredible. You guys will love this recipe! If not, just send it to us and we’ll deal.
Baking salmon it in its own foil packet makes it so juicy and tender, that this Garlic Salmon in foil falls apart on its own.
First, start by rubbing each fillet with salmon ands easing with salt and pepper. Envelope the salmon with the foil, place in the oven, and let the oven cook it of you. No stove tops or skillets or pans to worry about = less dishes to clean up.
Buuhhhhttt….that is not enough, friends.
Because naturally, I decided to top it with a honey mustard sauce. Not just any honey mustard sauce. This would have to be called THE honey mustard sauce of all time. How ? Because CREAM CHEESE. Was I hesitant to pair salmon with a honey mustard cream sauce? Why, yes, I was. Do I regret it one bit? Why, no. I do not.
The best part would be watching the salmon flake and fall apart on its own, then dipping each mouthful in MORE sauce, and allowing all of the flavours to hit you one by one. The worst part was when it was all over and there was none left.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1.2kg | 2½ pound side of salmon, sliced in four pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
- Honey Mustard Cream Sauce:
- 1 8 oz | 250 g packet cream cheese
- 1 cup milk (full fat or 2%)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- freshly chopped chives. to garnish
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
- Place the salmon onto lined baking tray | sheet. Evenly rub with the garlic; sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed.
- Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes). Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill / broil under the grill / broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Garnish with chives, slice each salmon fillet in half to make 8 pieces, and serve immediately with the cream sauce. Serve over mashed potatoes, smashed potatoes, wedges, rice, pasta or steamed veggies.
- In a small saucepan, melt the cream cheese and milk over low-medium heat until cream cheese is completely melted and sauce is well blended (about 3 minutes). Whisk until smooth; add the honey, mustard, and garlic, and whisk again until the honey has melted through the sauce.
- Serve over the salmon.
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.