Maple Grilled Peaches With An Almond Cookie Crumb! Caramelised and sweetened with maple syrup, making this dessert a quick and health alternative! You have to try this!
What is the best way to eat peaches you ask? Maple Grilled Peaches With An Almond Cookie Crumb is it!
Grilled peaches are simple and flavour-packed; soft and juicy, yet undeniably one of the best desserts you can make in under 15 minutes with a grill pan! Paired with a buttery, crispy and crunchy cookie crumb to sprinkle on top of these, who would’ve thought a healthier dessert could be so addictive?!
As usual, I give you the option of a lightened up serving option with just cookie crumbs and a drizzle of maple syrup. Buuhhtt….I couldn’t help and smother some halves with ice cream — because, dessert goals.
These were perfect as an after school snack for the kids…..and a mid-afternoon dessert type of situation for myself, while watching The Proposal for the millionth time. May have a small woman-crush on Sandra Bullock, but that’s a whole other blog post.
First, start by preparing your cookie crumb. A mixture of almond meal, flour, sugar, butter, and pure vanilla extract.
Bake until golden, crisp and crunchy, with an unmistakeable buttery cookie smell drifting through your kitchen! Just try not to eat it all before it gets the chance to cool down!.
While your mix is turning into a delicious cookie crumb, turn your attention to your ripe and sweet peaches. Halve and pit them, ready for grilling. brush each half over with maple syrup before grilling to almost give them a glaze that caramelises them when they’re done.
THEN….drizzle with a little extra syrup for an added caramel finish!
To top with ice cream or not — that is the question. Or no question, really.
Because these cookie crumbs can hold their own!
If you love peach, you’ll love this Easy Almond Peach Pie / Galette!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Maple Grilled Peaches Almond Cookie Crumb
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 7 per serve (including 2 tablespoons of crumb). Excludes ice cream.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (or a granulated sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar)
- 3 tablespoons toasted almond meal
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons light butter , melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 large firm-ripe peaches , halved and pitted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup (sugar free maple syrup can be used)
- For Crumbs: Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F. Line a baking tray / sheet with baking (parchment) paper. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, almond meal, baking powder and salt. Add the melted butter and vanilla, and blend using your fingertips until small crumbs form.
- Spread out on prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Rotate tray to evenly bake the crumbs, and bake for a further 8 minutes or so, or until golden and crisp. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Grilled Peaches: Heat grill pan or grill to medium low heat. Lightly grease with a small amount of butter to prevent sticking. Brush each peach half with about 2 teaspoons of syrup. Place cut-side down and grill for about 10 minutes, or until nice grill marks appear and peaches are caramelised.
- To serve, drizzle with a little extra maple syrup, top with a scoop of ice cream and sprinkle over the cookie crumbles.