Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges are soft pillows on the inside, crunchy on the outside with a good kick of garlic and parmesan cheese, and NO pre-soaking or parboiling needed!
Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges… Bet you’ve never had them with so many amazing flavours before!
When I first started out making wedges, the one thing I was intimidated by was how to cut potatoes into the perfect shape wedge. Getting them crispy was another insane issue I had. It is actually the complete opposite and they are SO EASY to make. I prefer them over making fries, and have included step by step photos of cutting the perfect wedge!
Wedges are a family favourite around here….but I’m sure this isn’t the only family. I’m thinking families on a universal or world wide scale have the same love affair with a good, crispy wedge. This week, reading all of the amazing reviews from my Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges with Garlic Avocado Aioli recipe, I suddenly craved — no — C.R.A.V.E.D some CRISPY and CRUNCHY wedges. Usually, the wedges we make are the Smokey Mexican Beef Wedges, which are basically Taco smothered wedges. Or….come to think of it…..tacos on wedge-roids.
Since most of you have also been writing in after trying the Crispy Garlic Butter Parmesan Smashed Potatoes, those two flavours had to happen in a wedge.
After making potato wedges once, you won’t want to be cutting fries any more. BONUS POINTS: These are much quicker and healther-ish, since they’re oven baked.
1/ Halve your potato……then halve EACH HALF again, so you have 4 pieces.
2/ HALVE each of those pieces, like in the second photograph, to make wedges. That’s it.
See? WEDGES friends! Season them with your favourites. I use minced garlic instead of powdered BUT you CAN use powdered if you so desire. Paprika, parsley and plenty of salt follow, because let’s face it, salty potatoes are the best kind of potatoes.
And in 35 minutes, you have wedges. Let me rephrase. CRISPY and crunchy, garlicky parmesan potato wedges.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 6 large russet (or brushed) potatoes, rinsed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 3 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 3 teaspoons salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅔ cup finely grated or shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 390°F. Line 2 large baking sheets / trays with parchment (baking) paper; set aside.
- Cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut each half in half lengthways again, and then cut each half in half lengthways again until you have 8 wedges. (Make sure they are about the same thickness and size).
- In a small jug, combine the oil, garlic, salt and paprika. Place wedges onto the baking sheets. Pour the oil mixture over the potatoes and toss together to coat evenly. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer on a large baking tray, skin-sides-down. Sprinkle with half of the parmesan cheese and extra salt if needed. Bake for 35 minutes, turning wedges half way through baking time, until golden, crisp and cooked through when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with parsley and remaining parmesan cheese to serve.
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.