Fudgy Flourless Hazelnut Brownies with a Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Ohhhhhh sweet chocolate. These.are.amazing. That’s it. That’s all I can say. Honestly…
So super fudgy. So incredibly dense, almost like eating fudge in brownie form…only healthier. Low in carbs, flour-less and gluten free, it’s extremely hard to believe they’re actually healthy while eating them! Because they taste as sinful as they look. Does that make sense? Or should I say, healthier than regular brownies. Almost like Nutella brownies, but better. Because there’s no Nutella in them. Technically.
Hazelnuts, chocolate and oil make Nutella, right? So technically, these are that, but not really.
These brownies are so fragile and delicate when they first come out of the oven, and after cooling and cutting into them, the knife slices through the, perfectly like soft butter.
Plus, they come with a bonus. Hot chocolate sauce. I mean…that drizzle.
Being forced to sit through the whole entire collection of Scream movies by my daughter while balancing the pan of warm brownies on my lap; with a scoop (OKAY, maybe 5 scoops) of ice cream over them and drowned in sauce was totally and completely worth every torturous second.
And if it’s even possible, they are fudgier the day after and after that of baking.
- 220g | 8oz semi sweet chocolate (I used 80% cocoa solids, but you can use 70% if you don't like bitter chocolate)
- 220g | 8oz (1 cup) butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sweetener or a fine white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 150g | 5oz (1⅓ cups) hazelnut meal
- 80g | 3oz bittersweet chocolate (minimum 70%-80% cocoa solids)
- ½ cup thickened/heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener (or coconut sugar or golden syrup)
- Preheat the oven to 176°C |350ºF. Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each break, until completely melted and glossy. Alternatively, melt gently in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat.
- Once melted, mix in the vanilla and sweetener (or sugar) and allow to cool.
- Whisk the eggs into the bowl (or pan) along with the hazelnut meal. Pour out into a 9-inch baking tin lined with baking (or parchment) paper.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top has set but the centre is still gooey. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 16 square (these are very delicate when warm).
- Break the chocolate up into a microwave safe bowl along with the cream and coffee powder and melt again in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between, until completely melted. (Alternatively, use a heavy-based saucepan and melt all ingredients together over low heat.)
- Stir well and pour into a jug to serve with the brownies.
© 2015 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.