Smoked Salmon and Avocado Pizza
Oh…Salmon and Avocado…how I love you!
It occurred to me in a disturbing way that I’m always sharing pizza type recipes, like the Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pull Apart Bread and that Pizzadilla…or the Cheesy Pizza Pull Apart Bread. Then there were those Margarita Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts that were kinda pizza-genius. but there is not one single pizza recipe on my blog. Like, WTF Karina?
So, with a disappointed shrug to myself…I dragged my feet in to the kitchen to make this.
So cheesy. So full of healthy good-for-you-stuff, this pizza was bomb. After making the Smoked Salmon And Avocado Grilled Cheese, I’ve been wanting more.
Well. This was it.
Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Fresh smoked salmon slices drizzled with a little lemon juice.
A wholemeal/wholewheat pizza base or a flour tortilla….already made and perfect for throwing whatever toppings your heart desires…drizzled with a little garlic olive oil.
The perfect cream cheese mixture with garlic and dill.
Spread onto this beautiful pizza base.
Topped with onion rings and cheese.
And finally topped with the smoked salmon, avocado and fresh rocket/arugula leaves.
Have I lost you?
With a shake or 7 of lemon pepper and a drizzle of lemon juice, this pizza went like crazy.
At this point…you can serve how it is….with fresh ingredients and beautiful flavours…or!
Sprinkle a little extra cheese over the top and place back into the oven for extra melty cheese and warmed through avocado and salmon. The choice is yours.
Because then…this happens.
- 4 tablespoons low fat/fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 wholemeal/wholewheat store bought pizza base (prepared), or flour tortilla
- drizzle of garlic olive oil (about 1 tablespoon)
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup light/reduced fat grated mozzarella cheese
- 100g smoked salmon
- ½ an avocado, sliced thinly
- a handful fresh baby rocket/arugula
- Lemon Pepper
- ½ cup (extra) light/reduced fat grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C | 390F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese with the dill and the crushed garlic. Mix well.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto the pizza base and spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with the onion rings and the mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted through.
- Remove from oven; top with the salmon slices, avocado slices and rocket/arugula leaves. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and serve, or top with the (extra) cheese and place back into the oven to warm the avocado and salmon through.
© 2015 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.