Mediterranean Avocado Salmon Salad with an incredible lemon dressing!
A twist on your favourite Mediterranean Salad, this Salmon Salad comes fully loaded with pan seared, tender-crisp salmon fillets, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, feta cheese and avocados drizzled in the best lemon herb mediterranean dressing!
Salmon Salad Recipe
Full of healthy fats thanks to the salmon and avocado slices, this salad is another meal in a bowl recipe ready in minutes! Crisp, fresh vegetables give this salmon a refreshing crunch, while the dressing in this bowl is what makes this salad incredible!
The full package!
As usual, I always try to create salad recipes that you only need ONE dressing / marinade. A salad that uses one thing for two uses. This comes from years of making salads that require completely different marinades for your meat of choice, then drowning it in a completely different tasting dressing, only confusing my brain and taste buds even more. Why do that when you can create one delicious marinade and use it as a dressing? That kinds makes more sense.
How To Make Salmon Salad
This recipe is so simple, we can break it down in four easy steps:
- Make dressing/marinade
- Coat salmon in said dressing/marinade
- Sear salmon
- Mix all salad veggies together and top with salmon
What Goes In Salmon Salad
We used typical Mediterranean ingredients to make up the bulk of this salad:
- Sliced cucumbers
- Feta cheese — you could also use Goats cheese
- Kalamata olives — or nay olives your prefer
You can also add in sliced marinated artichokes, eggplant, sun dried tomatoes, or any other ingredients you have on hand!
The creamy avocado slices bring all of those ingredients together to create perfect harmony with the seared and crisp salmon pieces.
Love SEAFOOD in your salads? Try these!
Avocado Salmon Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1 pound (500 g) skinless salmon fillets
- 4 cups Romaine (or Cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced (optional)
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
- Coat the salmon with the marinade. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Sear salmon on both sides until crispy and cooked to your liking.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
- Slice salmon and arrange over salad. Drizzle with the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.