Perfectly seared and panfried Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
Cooked in a teriyaki sauce served with steamed zucchini ribbons and broccoli. The ultimate healthy, low carb meal full of everything ‘good-for-you,’ meal in minutes! No marinading needed! Crispy on the outside and full of amazing, sweet and salty teriyaki flavour.
It has to be said. One of my favourite Japanese take-outs is Teriyaki. I love it. Yes, on the same level as Nutella and Chocolate. And that says a lot. But my favourite food to order is the salmon teriyaki over rice.
So. In true blogger fashion, I made my own.
Okayyyy I confess…..because-it-was-late-and-there-was-nothing-open.
After making that incredible Simple Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry, I had to try it with salmon, only tweaking it slightly to suit this beautiful piece of fish. So basically, I tried it. See? Because I like to state the obvious. Don’t worry, I’m rolling my own eyes.
Anyway, after panfrying and searing the salmon to a sticky and wonderful piece of heaven, and filling my kitchen with the sweetness and almost caramelised aroma of a Japanese restaurant, I needed to simmer the remaining sauce to thick to a syrupy perfection.
And pour it alllllllllll over the salmon and steamed greens. Just cutting into it lightly with the chopsticks I can’t use, I found perfection on the inside. Perfectly seared on the outside. Still juicy, pink and soft on the inside. And full of flavour.
In the words of, um, well me….make.this.now. And tell me all about it later.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 11pp per salmon fillet with glaze
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup cooking Sake
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (can leave this out if you wish, but it adds a nice flavour)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Japanese rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar as a substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 x 170g | 6oz skinless atlantic salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon sesame , peanut or canola oil
- 1 shallot/green onion stem , sliced to garnish
- 2 cups broccoli florets , lightly steamed
- 1 large zucchini/courgette ribbons (use a vegetable peeler to do this), lightly steamed
- Combine Soy Sauce, Sake, Mirin, brown sugar, vinegar and garlic powder together in a bowl. Mix until sugar has dissolved. Pour half of the marinade into a small saucepan and set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry salmon with a a paper towel. Place the salmon fillets into the bowl with the teriyaki glaze and allow to coat for 2 minutes each side.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan/skillet over medium-high heat. Fry two salmon fillets at a time, and any remaining glaze from the bowl. Fry for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked to your liking.
- Bring the glaze in the saucepan to the boil over high heat. Lower heat and gently simmer while string occasionally, until glaze reduces and thickens. (Add a little extra warm water only if needed).
- Serve salmon over steamed vegetables and pour teriyaki glaze over the top.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.