Crispy Honey Orange Glazed Salmon fillets are pan-fried in the most beautiful honey-orange-garlic sauce, with a splash of soy for added flavour!
Where do I start with these Honey Orange Glazed Salmon fillets? I think I just said it all! I don’t know which was the best part: the juicy salmon with crisp and charred edges; or the flavour of this sauce. Who would’ve thought salmon and honey with orange could go together so incredibly well?
Honey Orange Glazed Salmon
How did this one come about? One of my readers wrote in and asked about subbing out lemon juice for orange juice in this Honey Garlic Butter Salmon recipe, and what flavours would work well. IMMEDIATELY my brain went into CRISPY over drive. No foil or baking. Just good old fashioned searing in a skillet, with charred edges and a soft and juicy centre.
How To Pan Sear Salmon
- Make sure your pan or skillet is hot over medium-high heat
- Sear salmon skin-side up for 3-4 minutes. Flip and sear for 2 minutes, until nice and crispy
Make the sauce for salmon
- Move salmon to the side of the skillet and add sauce ingredients into the pan
- Simmer to thicken into a nice honey orange syrup.
- Baste salmon fillets in the syrup and continue cooking until done!
This is it. The salmon recipe of our dreams. Forget honey orange chicken when salmon takes over! And as per usual, drizzle those fillets in those saucy pan juices.
Sides with Salmon
- Fried Rice
- Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes
- Side Salad
- Roasted Broccoli and Green Beans
- Smashed Potatoes
Looking for more salmon recipes? Try these!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 tablespoons butter (or use olive oil if you wish)
- 4 x 6-ounce salmon fillets (or 170 grams each), with or without skin
- Juice from half an orange (about 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed
- Kosher salt and ground pepper , to taste
- Half an orange , sliced to serve
Heat butter (or oil) in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear salmon skin-side up for 3-4 minutes. Flip and sear for 2 minutes.
Pour in the orange juice and allow to reduce to half the quantity (it takes about 1 minute to reduce down if your pan is hot enough). Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds). Move the salmon to the sides of the pan and add in the honey and soy sauce, stirring well to combine all of the flavours together.
Bring to a simmer until reduced to a nice syrup (this takes about another 30 seconds to 1 minute), and move the salmon around in the sauce to evenly coat. Remove from heat once the salmon is cooked to your liking.
Season with salt and pepper to your tastes. Drizzle with the sauce to serve. Best served over rice, noodles, steamed vegetables or with a salad.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.