Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken is quick to whip up without compromising on flavour!
Tomato and basil are a match made in heaven as it is. However, mix them together with some garlic and pan seared chicken breasts, and you have the best buttery, blistered tomatoes and garlic flavours in this Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken recipe!
With basil being on sale all week this week at our local grocery store, this chicken recipe was meant to be. And it’s so freaking simple, I have no pointers, no words of advice, nada. It really is as simple as it reads, but just as delicious as it looks!
I chose to keep the flavour of the chicken breasts simple by seasoning them with salt, pepper and garlic powder. You can, of course, add any extra seasoning you wish. Once the chicken is placed back into the pan with the buttery, blistered tomatoes and garlic flavours, you may find that THAT is where all the flavour is!
Oh! I DO have ONE pointer! Serve with a balsamic glaze for an even DELICIOUS finger lickin’ chicken!
For similar recipes, try this Caprese Chicken!
Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts fillets, skinless and boneless*
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic or 6 large cloves of garlic
- Lightly pound chicken breasts between 2 sheets of parchment paper until they are all the same thickness. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil and 2 teaspoons of butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Fry breasts on both sides until golden browned and completely cooked through (about 5-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillets). Once cooked, transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in the pan. Fry garlic until fragrant (about one minute). Add the tomatoes and cook for two minutes, or until they just begin to soften. Turn off the heat and stir through basil.
- Season with any extra salt and pepper, if needed. Add the chicken back into the pan, and spoon the pan juices and tomato/garlic mixture all over the chicken!
- Perfect to serve with a salad, garlic bread, rice or pasta! Serve with balsamic glaze for extra flavour! (Use store bought, or bring 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar to a simmer over low heat until thickened.)