Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken is quick to whip up without compromising on flavour!
Tomato and basil are a match made in heaven as it is. However, mix them together with some garlic and pan seared chicken breasts, and you have the best buttery, blistered tomatoes and garlic flavours in this Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken recipe!
With basil being on sale all week this week at our local grocery store, this chicken recipe was meant to be. And it’s so freaking simple, I have no pointers, no words of advice, nada. It really is as simple as it reads, but just as delicious as it looks!
I chose to keep the flavour of the chicken breasts simple by seasoning them with salt, pepper and garlic powder. You can, of course, add any extra seasoning you wish. Once the chicken is placed back into the pan with the buttery, blistered tomatoes and garlic flavours, you may find that THAT is where all the flavour is!
Oh! I DO have ONE pointer! Serve with a balsamic glaze for an even DELICIOUS finger lickin’ chicken!
For similar recipes, try this Caprese Chicken!
Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts fillets, skinless and boneless*
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic or 6 large cloves of garlic
- Lightly pound chicken breasts between 2 sheets of parchment paper until they are all the same thickness. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil and 2 teaspoons of butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Fry breasts on both sides until golden browned and completely cooked through (about 5-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillets). Once cooked, transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in the pan. Fry garlic until fragrant (about one minute). Add the tomatoes and cook for two minutes, or until they just begin to soften. Turn off the heat and stir through basil.
- Season with any extra salt and pepper, if needed. Add the chicken back into the pan, and spoon the pan juices and tomato/garlic mixture all over the chicken!
- Perfect to serve with a salad, garlic bread, rice or pasta! Serve with balsamic glaze for extra flavour! (Use store bought, or bring 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar to a simmer over low heat until thickened.)
Delightful recipe. Will definitely make again. Had chicken, mushrooms and basil from my garden to use up. It was great. Adding a little cream or cheese the second day was also very good.
My husband and I thought this was good, but we also thought it was missing something. I added some shredded mozzarella cheese when it was plated, and, OMG, it made all of the difference. I will make this again with the cheese.
I added the juice of half a fresh lime….yum!!
This dish was delightful and great way to help me stay on top of the bounty of tomatoes from my garden. Thanks. I will make this again.
I just made this tonight- it’s fantastic!!! I halved 2 large chicken breasts and adjusted the recipe. I also added a touch of fresh lemon juice when cooking the chicken. This is a definite “keeper” and will make it again! I served it with fresh summer squash and zucchini with slivered Vidalia onion, lemon, and a touch of garlic, and some brown rice. Perfect!!!
This turned out great we added mushrooms and used garlic scapes
Easy to make and so delicious! I loved the balsamic glaze! Meals that are simple, quick, AND tasty are great! Thanks for this fantastic dish!
SUCH a DELICIOUS combination of flavors!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was SO surprisingly delicious that I made it for company and EVERYONE LOVED it!!!!!!! Easy, inventive and delicious!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!!!! I’m SO glad I discovered your collection of recipes!!!!
I made this recipe and took it to a friend who just had surgery. They raved over how tasty it was. Since I doubled the recipe I served it to my family too and they all loved it. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Thank you for such a terrific recipe that is healthy, flavorful and easy.
I hate when people say they totally changed the recipe and it was amazing but I have to do that. I did everything the same as the recipe but I added a cup of cream and like a quarter cup of Parmesan cheese, simmered for like 15 mins and had it over pasta. Omg. Amazing.
Yummy! The whole family approved of this dish. I wanted to lick the balsamic reduction off my plate. Haha! The dish is very attractive, I could see serving this to company. And the suggestion to add cream sounds divine. I’d like to try it that way, too! We served ours with asparagus, which was also really good drizzled with the balsamic reduction.
Quick, Delicious and easy!
Anne Elliot says
Delicious! We are always looking for new ways to prepare our standby boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I had a garden full of basil so this was perfect! Easy, excellent and so yummy. I’ll be making this again – often!
Easy, delicious and healthy!
This recipe is so lovely. All my family members loved it, very quick and full of flavour.
Carol G says
I made this twice this week, it was “oh so good” !!!!!