BLT Breakfast Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
A healthy, low carb wake-up call. Fresh spinach and arugula (or baby rocket leaves) with juicy ripe cherry tomatoes and asparagus, topped with crispy bacon pieces and a soft boiled egg, and drizzled with a home-made honey dijon mustard dressing! I love this!
Way better than cereal. Way better than boring old toast. I’ll take two, please.
This all started when I was looking at the box of sad weetbix in my kitchen cupboard. Sad because I wasn’t feeling it.
I wanted eggs. Soft-boiled eggs. But how to fill it out without any bread? Salad. Yep. Breakfast salad.
I’ve decided after enjoying this bowl, that salad is totally acceptable in the morning. Because the honey mustard dressing that comes with it kinda feels breakfast-y anyway.
And any excuse to eat bacon in the morning is on my long list of excuses.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 7pp per serve!
- 2 cups of salad leafy greens of choice (I used a mix of baby spinach and rocket/arugula leaves)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears , sliced in half
- 4 bacon rashers (short cut), trimmed of all fat and diced
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons milk (any milk is fine)
- Salt to season
- Place eggs and asparagus spears into a small - medium sized pot/saucepan, and cover with water until just covering the eggs. Bring to a gentle simmer, and allow to simmer for 4-6 minutes (for soft boiled) or longer for hard boiled eggs. After time is up, drain water and fill saucepan with cold water. Drain again and fill with cold water until water stays cool (this prevents eggs from cooking in their shell).
- Meanwhile, fry bacon on a nonstick pan sprayed with cooking oil spray until crispy.
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients together in a smaller bowl, and whisk (with a small whisk or fork) until combined. Place spinach, rocket/arugula and asparagus together on your serving plates/bowls. Top with cooked bacon pieces, eggs, and drizzle with dressing.
- Good morning!
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.