Broccolini, Prosciutto, Feta And Avocado Salad with a Dijon Dressing
A light and filling salad that’s easy to pull together with the beautiful and fresh combinations of creamy avocado, fresh broccolini and salty prosciutto with Feta cheese. You could also sub the Feta for goats cheese and the prosciutto for smoked salmon.
But not today!
This is: a raid your fridge and pull out whatever you can find to come up with a light, low fat and deliciously low carb lunch…type of situation. Unbelievably refreshing and healthy!
Wow. Who knew, right?
For a moment, I’m going to pretend it’s not turning ever-so-slowly into winter; and instead imagine it’s all warm and hot over here.
It may seem strange to add broccolini into a salad…but I promise it makes for a crisp and fresh salad, adding so much flavour into this salad!
And the peppery radishes compliment the broccolini and bring sunshine into this cold and miserable Melbourne weather.
Plus creamy avocado. You can’t beat that. Personally, I could put avocado on everything. Including my face.
With the crumbled up Feta and prosciutto to add some saltiness, it was the perfect lunch.
And the perfect dressing.
Try this one at home.
I promise it’s not as strange as it seems!
Broccolini, Prosciutto, Feta And Avocado SaladPRINT SAVE go to your favorites
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves , washed
- 80 g | 3oz Prosciutto (Parma Ham), torn into strips
- 1/2 an avocado , sliced thinly
- 3 small radishes , sliced thinly
- 30 g | 1oz Feta cheese (reduced fat), crumbled
- 2 thin slices of red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic , crushed or minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- Steam or boil the broccolini in a pot of salted water for about 10 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Assemble the salad with the salad leaves, prosciutto, avocado, radishes, Feta and red onion.
- To make the dressing, combine the oil, mustard, garlic and water in a small jug or bowl. Whisk until combined. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve!
I absolutely love this salad! This time of year I start craving salads like crazy! I can’t wait for my CSA to start! At least the Farmer’s Market is open, but there’s not much there yet. I’ll take what I can get though! Pinning and sharing!
Augh! That’s perfect! A farmers market is a dream place! Thank you for pinning and sharing! I’m honoured Xxx
You’re moving into winter and all I can see is spring in this salad. And I’m totally happy about that. Loverly!
Heidi…thank you so much! You’ve made my whole entire week! Xx