The Best Banana Bread with chocolate chips is so easy and just what you’ve been looking for!
Easy homemade Banana bread recipe is not only the best way to use up over-ripe bananas, but it’s possibly the best slice to go with your morning coffee! No mixer needed!
Better than anything store-bought, our buttery banana bread is fluffy, soft, moist and smells amazing while baking! Every bite is pure heaven — everyone you serve it to will have a hard time stopping at just one slice. Guaranteed.
Just read the reviews!
For the longest time I’ve been wanting to give you all my best banana bread recipe. This Banana bread is the most incredible banana bread recipes you will ever try. Quick to make and delicious, it bakes perfect every single time.
Packed with bananas, cinnamon and brown sugar makes it irresistibly moist! It could not be any easier using ingredients you already have in your kitchen pantry!
Enjoy a slice of Banana bread for breakfast with a warm mug of hot cocoa. Or save a slice for a morning or afternoon snack/treat!
The perfect way to use up brown, overripe bananas… the easier to mash the deeper and sweeter the flavour.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD
In this recipe, we use 2 different kinds of sugar to yield the best results: brown sugar and white sugar. The brown sugar makes for a soft banana bread that you will no doubt fall in love with.
In a few steps: you have moist banana breast in no time:
WHISK together dry ingredients.
MASH the bananas really well.
ADD the wet ingredients.
FOLD in half of the chocolate chips or nuts.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD MOIST
Start with super ripe bananas with a dark brown peel or black spots. These bananas are soft and full of natural occurring sugars. However, you don’t want them TOO ripe as they will ooze liquid.
TIPS FOR EASY BANANA BREAD
- Mash your bananas well with a fork. It’s fine if there is a few lumps.
- The batter should be thick and lumpy once all of the ingredients are mixed through. You may be tempted to add more liquid, but you won’t need it. This banana bread is perfect.
- Do not be tempted to over mix!
- Use a pale coloured loaf pan — light grey or white is ideal. Dark or black loaf pans are known to darken the bottom of cakes or loaves.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave a 3 inch overhang to make it easy to pull and lift the banana bread out of the pan.
- Place your loaf onto a cooling rack to let cool, or enjoy a slice fresh out of the oven!
NUTS OR CHOCOLATE CHIPS
My children can’t stand nuts so we add in semi-sweet chocolate chips to our banana bread, but you can add in the following to make it your own!
White chocolate chips
You can also add a cinnamon sugar coating on top of your loaf and leave out the chocolate chips or nuts if you wish.
Once the cake batter is poured and spread into your loaf pan, sprinkle evenly with a cinnamon sugar mixture: 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. The result is a crunchy, flavourful top with a decadent bakery-style finish.
We love cinnamon in this but you could also add nutmeg or all spice.
You don’t even need a mixer. Just two simple bowls, a wooden spoon or spatula, a fork and a whisk. The fresh and warm banana bread smell wafting through your house is the hardest part: waiting for it to cool down slightly to serve with little spread of butter.
The result? Incredibly fluffy banana bread so tender and moist, packed with buttery richness and delicious depth of banana flavour. This really is one of the easiest baking recipes you’ll use time and time again.
Everyone loves it!
HOW TO STORE BANANA BREAD
Store banana bread tightly sealed with plastic wrap or in an airtight container for up to 3 days on your kitchen counter (if it lasts that long)!
How long does Banana Bread last? Up to 3 days at room temperature or 5 days in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze Banana Bread? Absolutely! Freeze the whole loaf wrapped in foil or a large airtight container. OR slice it up and freeze in single-sized portions. When the craving hits, reheat a slice in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, or defrost it on your kitchen counter first thing in the morning. SIMPLE!
Looking for more cake recipes? Try these!
Best Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups (8oz | 235g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (5oz | 150 g) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup (2oz | 50g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe bananas (about 1 pound or 500g)
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (4oz | 115 grams) unsalted butter melted and cooled (or cooking oil)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 oz | 175 g) chocolate chips (or roughly chopped nuts of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan and line with parchment (baking) paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl mash the bananas really well. Then add the eggs, cooled melted butter (or oil), and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in half of the chocolate chips (or nuts if using). The batter should be thick and lumpy. (Do not over mix!)
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and top with remaining chocolate chips or nuts. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- After about a half an hour, turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.