Quick And Simple Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad is a perfect salad to throw together at any time of the day!
This Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad is another one of those recipes that is so simple to throw together, I question whether to post it on this blog thing of mine. Then I remember those days you need something so simple and quick to throw together, and realise how much these types of salad really do get appreciated for those emergency NO COOKING WANTED type situations.
You know the ones? The types of situations you’re on the run and you haven’t had time to cook or even THINK ‘what’s for dinner’, and you want something real quick without turning on any stoves or ovens, and happen to drive past a rotisserie chicken joint, so you run in and pass-out-a-little at the mouth-watering smells that smack you right in the face, then proceed to run home and chop everything so super fast, you impress yourself with some exceptional knife skills you never thought you had in you — all thanks to the growling hunger pangs churning through your stomach.
I know many of you have probably already made a salad like this many many many MANY times over, SO take this one as a gentle and super delicious reminder at how good it is sometimes to just avoid cooking all together, singing Kumbaya while holding hands and taking a load off to enjoy the simple things in life.
You could ALSO make this with any left over roast chicken you have lying around somewhere, OR cook some up IF you really REALLY have to. Either way, this salad is so versatile, make it however you please.
With so many salads being made and posted on this blog (here’s a list of 18 of my favourites), there’s always cooking involved, which is great for the types of original salads I come up with, but not always possible due to… well… life.
This Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad changes all that. You’re welcome.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded (skin on or off)
- 1 large English (or continental) cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- 4-5 large Roma tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (or the juice of 2 limes)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together shredded chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, avocados, and chopped parsley in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice (or lime juice), and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to mix all of the flavours through.
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.