Honey Lime Fruit Salad is an incredible tasting and refreshing fruit salad!
If you love honey and lime, you will LOVE a bowl of this Honey Lime Fruit Salad! What better way to either start the day, enjoy the day, or FINISH the day with a bowl of fresh, ripe fruit, bursting with flavour.
Yet another one of those recipes I hesitated to share because of its simplicity, BUT, I know some of you will love and appreciate a new way to eat your fruits. This fruit salad recipe has been in our family for more than I can remember. In fact, we just drizzle on honey, squeeze over lime, and never measure anything because, well, we just have this ‘knowing’ of how much to put in. It’s such a common recipe, there are a gazillion Honey Lime Fruit Salad recipes on the internet, in recipe books, magazines, and anywhere else you look.
But, there’s one little addition we add to it to give it a fist pump in the air. Pineapple juice. In the dressing. I know, I know, BIG DEAL *insert eye roll here*. But let me tell you something: the honey is GREAT if you have some fruit on the sour makes-your-eyes-water side of things. The lime juice gives it a bit of a beautiful kick. However, adding pineapple juice just takes it to a whole other level of juiciness, sweetness, and can’t put your fork (or spoon) down type of situation.
If you’ve never tried a Honey Lime Fruit Salad with the addition of a tropical pineapple, do yourselves a favour and PLEASE go run into your kitchens! Even if it’s snowing outside. Crank ups that heater and get going!
Some Honey Lime Fruit Salad Tips:
- What I’m about to tell you may cause a shock wave to ripple through you right now, but I don’t add banana slices to my fruit salads. Why in the world, you may ask? Well, I’ve never been a fan of the empowering banana flavour being absorbed by every piece of fruit. YOU, however, CAN add banana if you wish! I recommend adding it just before serving.
- If you don’t like the addition of pineapple juice, who are you? Just kidding. You can substitute orange juice or apple juice.
- Use any fruits you like! Add in blackberries, pomegranates, pear, apple, orange slices, mandarin slices, peaches, apricots, the choices are endless.
- 500 g | 1 pound strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced into half moons
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 300 g | 10 ounces blueberries, washed
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 (250-g | 9-ounces) can pineapple chunks or pieces (or ½ of a fresh pineapple, peeled and diced)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (from the canned pineapple, if using)
- Place prepared washed and sliced or diced fruits in a large salad bowl.
- Using a measuring jug, combine the honey, lime juice and pineapple juice. Pour the syrup through the fruit and mix well. Mix the juices accumulated at the bottom of the bowl once again before serving, if not serving immediately.
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.