Honey Lime Fruit Salad is an incredible tasting and refreshing fruit salad!
If you love honey and lime, you will LOVE a bowl of this Honey Lime Fruit Salad! What better way to either start the day, enjoy the day, or FINISH the day with a bowl of fresh, ripe fruit, bursting with flavour.
Yet another one of those recipes I hesitated to share because of its simplicity, BUT, I know some of you will love and appreciate a new way to eat your fruits. This fruit salad recipe has been in our family for more than I can remember. In fact, we just drizzle on honey, squeeze over lime, and never measure anything because, well, we just have this ‘knowing’ of how much to put in. It’s such a common recipe, there are a gazillion Honey Lime Fruit Salad recipes on the internet, in recipe books, magazines, and anywhere else you look.
There’s one little addition we add to it to give it amazing flavour. Pineapple juice in the dressing makes a difference! The honey is GREAT if you have some fruit on the sour side. The lime juice gives it a bit of a beautiful, tangy kick. However, adding pineapple juice gives it a hint of sweetness, and can’t put your fork (or spoon) down type of situation.
If you’ve never tried a Honey Lime Fruit Salad with the addition of a tropical pineapple, do yourselves a favour and PLEASE go run into your kitchens!
Some Honey Lime Fruit Salad Tips:
- We leave out bananas in our fruit salads because of the empowering banana flavour being absorbed by the other fruit. You can add banana if you wish! I recommend adding it just before serving.
- You can substitute pineapple juice for orange juice or apple juice.
- Use any fruits you like! Add in blackberries, pomegranates, pear, apple, orange slices, mandarin slices, peaches, apricots, the choices are endless.
WATCH US MAKE THIS FRUIT SALAD RECIPE RIGHT HERE!
Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- 1 pound (500 g) strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruits peeled and sliced into half moons
- 2 mangoes peeled and diced
- 10 ounces (300 g) blueberries washed
- 1 cup green grapes halved
- 9 ounce (250 g) can pineapple chunks or pieces (or 1/2 of a fresh pineapple, peeled and diced)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (from the canned pineapple, if using)
- Place prepared washed and sliced or diced fruits in a large salad bowl.
- Using a measuring jug, combine the honey, lime juice and pineapple juice. Pour the syrup through the fruit and mix well. Mix the juices accumulated at the bottom of the bowl once again before serving, if not serving immediately.