Skinny ONE POT Chicken Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo is our favourite way to eat pasta with NO HEAVY CREAM, butter or flour! Only one pot to clean up means less washing up, with the pasta being cooked right IN the pot!
Welcome to your new favourite pasta recipe. Skinny ONE POT Chicken Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo. I know, I know. New years resolutions usually mean NO carbs, or very minimal carbs. BUT. With so many blogs all about grilled fish and vegetables lately, I had to break free from the dieting restraints to give you a pasta recipe. The DIFFERENCE is, this one has NO HEAVY CREAM and a quarter of the calories than the usual Alfredo recipe, with broccoli included for the added veggie benefit.
The sauce, like a lot of my low fat creamy sauces, is made with milk instead of cream. So, with the pasta being cooked in the same pot as the sauce, the milk thickens up so beautifully without the need of any flour, with the pasta starches cooked right through the milk, creating an incredible thick and creamy sauce.
Top with crispy bacon pieces and ENJOY this Skinny One Pot Chicken Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 8 strips bacon, chopped and trimmed of all fat
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6½ cups 2% milk (or half and half)*
- 500 g | 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets, stem removed
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Fry the bacon in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through. Add the garlic and fry until fragrant (about 2 minutes). Season with, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the milk, stir, and bring the milk to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat immediately and add the pasta.
- Stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes, or until the pasta just begins to bend and soften. Add in the broccoli, stir and cover with a lid. Continue to cook, while stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked and al dente (about another 7 minutes).
- Stir through the Parmesan cheese and mix until the cheese has melted through the sauce. The sauce will continue to thicken if not served immediately. Add more milk if needed.
- Serve with extra pepper and parmesan cheese, if desired.
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.