ONE POT Chicken Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo is our favourite way to eat pasta with NO HEAVY CREAM, butter or flour!
Only one pot to clean up means less washing up with the pasta being cooked right IN the pot! Welcome to your new favourite easy and deliciously creamy fettuccine Alfredo.
Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Just as delicious as the Alfredo on the Olive Garden Menu, this Chicken Alfredo is full of flavour. The DIFFERENCE is this one includes NO HEAVY CREAM and contains only a quarter of the calories than the usual Alfredo recipe, with broccoli included for added flavour and texture. Who knew chicken pasta could be so convenient, especially when you’re in a hurry to get food on the table without compromising on flavour.
How To Make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
This Alfredo is incredibly easy to make starting with basic ingredients you already have in your kitchen:
- Milk — any type is fine (full fat or 2%)
- Pasta — dry fettuccine pasta
- Chicken — we breasts but boneless thighs also work
- Parmesan cheese — please use freshly shredded
Just look at that creamy pasta!
How do I make Alfredo sauce?
The sauce, like a lot of my low fat creamy sauces, is made with milk instead of cream. With the pasta being cooked in the same pot as the sauce, the milk thickens up so beautifully without the need for flour as the pasta starches cook right through the milk, creating an incredible thick and creamy sauce.
How To Cook Alfredo In One Pot
Fry the bacon.
Add the chicken then the garlic.
Pour in the milk.
Add the pasta.
Stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes, or until the pasta just begins to soften.
Mix through the Parmesan cheese and mix until the cheese has melted through the sauce.
Gently simmer the sauce once the milk has been added to keep your milk from separating.
The sauce will continue to thicken if not served immediately. Add more milk if needed.
You can leave out the broccoli if you wish, or swap it with another veggie like zucchini, cauliflower or asparagus.
What kind of wine goes with Alfredo?
Chardonnay or Riesling go well with this creamy pasta dish.
What else goes with Fettuccine Alfredo?
As mentioned above, you can replace the broccoli with zucchini, cauliflower or asparagus. Mushrooms also go well with this, as do green beans or peppers.
Looking for more ONE POT recipes? Try these!
WATCH US MAKE Skinny One Pot Chicken Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo RIGHT HERE!
Skinny One Pot Chicken Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo
- 8 strips bacon, chopped and trimmed of all fat
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 1/2 cups milk (full fat or 2%) -- you can also use half and half
- 500 g | 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets, stem removed
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Fry the bacon in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through. Add the garlic and fry until fragrant (about 2 minutes). Season with, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the milk, stir, and bring the milk to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat immediately and add the pasta.
- Stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes, or until the pasta just begins to bend and soften. Add in the broccoli, stir and cover with a lid. Continue to cook, while stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked and al dente (about another 7 minutes).
- Stir through the Parmesan cheese and mix until the cheese has melted through the sauce. The sauce will continue to thicken if not served immediately. Add more milk if needed.
- Serve with extra pepper and parmesan cheese, if desired.