The Best, Fudgy ONE BOWL Cocoa Brownies! A special addition gives these brownies a super fudgy centre without losing that crispy, crackly top!
What if I told you that you DON’T need to melt chocolate or chocolate chips with butter together to make brownies, AND you don’t need two separate bowls. Just one bowl and 5 minutes bringing it all together to make the BEST freaking brownies you’ve ever eaten in this lifetime. The best part is they’re only 144 calories EACH! Better than the usual 356 calorie brownies, am I right?
After testing what feels like a lifetime of brownies, these FINALLY came out a perfect texture, and have been made weekly ever since. The one ingredient I add to these brownies that is different from most recipes is a small amount of oil. The oil is JUST enough to keep the centres extremely fudgy, without compromising the crispy, crackly crust you can see in these photos.
With all of the brownie making going on here, I do have a few tips for these cocoa brownies to stay fudgy-licious:
- Whisk your butter and sugar really well.
- Beat in your eggs for a good minute. This step is crucial for that crackly top
- Do NOT over beat your batter once the flour and cocoa powder are added. THAT creates air in the batter which will give you cake-like textured brownies. Cakey is okay. But not today, friends.
- Do NOT over bake them! I like mine at exactly 25 minutes. You can go a little bit over if you like them set a bit more, but I don’t recommend it if you’re looking for the fudgiest brownies in this lifetime. Which is kinds what I’m promising here, remember?
I mean….do you SEE the fudginess down there?????
Biting into these is pure R-rated heaven.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (olive oil or coconut oil are fine)
- 1⅛ cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose | plain flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper); set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugar together in a mediumn-sized bowl. Whisk well for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in colour (another minute).
- Add flour, cocoa powder and salt, gently stirring the dry ingredients through the wet, until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so well affect the texture of your brownies).
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven). If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
1. Whisk your butter and sugar really well.
2. Beat in your eggs for a good minute. This step is crucial for that crackly top
3. Do NOT over beat your batter once the flour and cocoa powder are added. THAT creates air pockets in the batter which will give you cake-like textured brownies.
4. Do NOT over bake them! I like mine at exactly 25 minutes. You can go a little bit over if you like them set a bit more, but I don't recommend it if you're looking for the fudgiest brownies in this lifetime.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.