Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon with Fajita flavours, and a charred, crispy roasted trio of peppers for an easy and healthy weeknight meal.
Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon! Never knew flavour like THIS before! This is a recipe that’s been on my long list of things to make (said list is up to 286 recipes — God help me). I pushed all of those to the side to try this out. Why? Because so many of you guys have been asking if salmon would suit the flavours in the Chilli Lime Chicken Fajita Salad, and what would be the easier and fastest way to make it. So, with a couple of Salmon deliciousness adjustments, here it is.
Salmon and peppers ready in about 10 minutes (gave or take a couple minutes, depending on your done-ness preference), with a KAPOW of flavours.
Not only was this fast and easy to make, the flavours in this salmon are incredible. With a base of lime juice, a hint of cumin and garlic, and the subtleness of red chili flakes, this is one salmon recipe I’m so glad you guys have been asking for!
It can’t get any easier than coating, baking, and — um — eating? Because that’s all there is. Given that these salmon fillets are HUGE, each person I served them too wanted two pieces instead of one. That is saying something. Especially in a house filled with not-so-loving-salmon people.
I was sceptical that the peppers wouldn’t compliment the salmon, and to my surprise they did. All charred and roasted.
I found 10 minutes cooking to be more than enough for the way we like our salmon, and the peppers were still crunchy, bursting with their flavours, but charred on the edges. If you like your peppers softer, remove the salmon once its cooked to your liking and place the peppers back into the oven to continue to roast until done.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 crushed garlic cloves)
- 1½ teaspoons red chilli flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 salmon fillets (wild caught if possible)
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Spray a baking sheet tray with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Whisk lime juice, parsley, olive oil, water, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin, salt and parsley together to combine. Add the honey and whisk again until the honey runs smooth through the rest of the ingredients. Arrange the salmon fillets, peppers and onion in a single layer on the prepared baking tray; and pour over half of the marinade. Toss peppers and onion to coat; and rotate the salmon to coat in the marinade.
- Broil / grill until the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges (about 10 minutes) and the salmon is cooked to your liking (about 10 minutes). Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and remaining marinade for added flavour. (If the peppers are not done to your liking, simply transfer the salmon to a plate and return peppers to the oven until roasted to your liking).
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.