Greek Souvlaki flavours are smothered all over this salad, thanks to this incredible dressing that doubles as a marinade (yes, AGAIN). With the popularity of my Grilled Chilli Lime Chicken Fajita Salad, and the Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad, it’s clear you all love these ‘meal in a salad’ er, salads, just as much as I do!
Greek Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad complete with Tzatziki and warm homemade Garlic Flatbreads! I love this!
This is a lunch I order whenever I go any where. It’s always a decision between this and a Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad. Lately, this one wins hands down (I go through stages). This Greek Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad is basically a deconstructed souvlaki on a plate, but with extra salad and Feta and Kalamata Olives and FLAVOUR.
I suggest marinading your chicken for half an hour before grilling, which is easy to do while preparing everything else that goes with this salad…BUT (there’s always a BUT), if you’re really pressed for time, the chicken can do without marinading. Just continue basting the fillets while searing them in the pan to ensure all of this flavours are locked into the chicken.
Grill your chicken outside on a barbecue or inside on a grill pan or skillet, or whatever your heart desires.
Also, you CAN use store bought Tzatziki and flatbreads if you wish (just warm them in a pan on low heat until soft). To me, there’s nothing like homemade Tzatziki.
Build your salad and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
And don’t forget your flatbreads!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, halved to make four fillets
- 4 Flatbreads (store bought or use this recipe for homemade)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 2 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded and grated
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 3 lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways and sliced thick
- 250 g | 8 oz cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 green pepper (capsicum), deseeded and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 7 oz | 200 g marinaded Feta cheese, cubed
- ½ cup (3 oz | 80 g) pitted Kalamata olives
- Whisk together all the marinade / dressing ingredients in large, shallow dish. Pour out ⅓ cup to use as the dressing; reserve in the refrigerator for later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and evenly coat; cover and allow to marinade for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- While chicken is marinading, prepare tzatziki: combine tzatziki ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Toss salad ingredients together and divide between four plates. Prepare flatbreads using this recipe, or warm store bought flatbreads on a pan over low heat until soft and warmed through. Transfer to warmed plates.
- Heat a large grill pan / skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan. Sear until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes each side (total cook time of 10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove chicken from the pan; allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thickly and arrange on salad. Slice each flatbread into four pieces and arrange on salad plates. Drizzle with the reserved dressing and serve with the tzatziki.
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.