Blackened Shrimp, Asparagus and Avocado Salad with Lemon Pepper Yogurt Dressing
This is the perfect salad done in less than 10 minutes! Low fat AND low in carbs, but full of creamy, spicy flavours!
With the perfect amount of spice, this salad knocked my socks off, and will do the same to yours. But in a good way. Blackened Shrimp — may I say — is outta this world amazing. Especially with home-made spices thrown in. Especially the part where you hear the sizzling sounds of shrimp in the pan and start to smell the garlic and spices all mixed together. Praise the salad gods.
And drizzled with a creamy Lemon pepper Yogurt Dressing….
And can I just say with or without the dressing…this salad was still incredible. Fresh crisp lettuce leaves; crispy blackened asparagus, creamy Avocado and Garlicky Blackened Shrimp (or Prawns as we say in the land down under). Try this combination. It only takes 10 minutes. And the end result is a healthy, fresh salad bowl. You will love it.
Creamy and healthy. If you like shrimp, click here for more Shrimp Recipes!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 500g raw peeled large shrimp (King Prawns), tails removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (or smokey for a different flavour option)
- 2 bunches of Asparagus, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups Cos lettuce leaves (or lettuce of choice), washed and ready to use
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional for extra flavour)
- 2 tablespoons water (or olive oil)
- Salt to taste
- In a shallow bowl, combine shrimp (prawns) with all of the spice ingredients, and rub into the shrimp until evenly coated. Heat a large pan/skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil. Saute the shrimp/prawns and the Asparagus while turning occasionally until the shrimp/prawns and asparagus have started to change colour and are just cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Combine the lettuce leaves, avocado, onion slices and basil leaves in a salad bowl. Add the shrimp/prawns and avocado over the top. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Combine the yogurt in a bowl with the lemon pepper, lemon juice (if using), water and salt. Mix well to combine.
© 2015 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.