Nutella Churro Donut holes are oven baked not fried, filled with Nutella and coated in Buttery Cinnamon Sugar! A Churro fix right at home!
Ahhhh…Nutella Churro Donut Holes. A couple weeks back while on my Churro rampage…these were born. But, I’d been giving you guys so much Churro stuff…I had to save these in that over-flowing to-post folder. Remember those Nutella Stuffed Churro Pancakes? Well, these are those. Sort of. Halving the recipe and playing around with quantities, I nailed it and it felt so good, almost like better than sex. I said almost.
And you guys will love these…possibly more than you love those Nutella Stuffed Churro French Toasts…well, maybe.
WATCH THEM BEING MADE RIGHT HERE!
All done in a mini muffin pan. There may have been some frantic finger licking between shots. Okay, so there was definitely some full on hectic finger licking. Brushing on butter and coating in Cinnamon. But these little Churro babies are worth everything and more.
They take no more than 15 minutes to prep and bake. Then maybe another 2 minutes to coat.
Add on another 2 minutes to fill…depending on how much finger licking and Churro stealing happens between fills. And no one has to ever know. See? Even I couldn’t help myself.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 2pp for one donut hole -- or 3pp for TWO donut holes!
- 1 cup self raising flour (or plain/all-purpose flour/s)
- 1 tablespoon sugar of choice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- (1/2 teaspoon baking soda if using plain or all purpose flour/s)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or melted coconut oil) OR light butter/spread of choice, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup low fat milk (or almond milk)
- ⅓ cup Nutella, melted (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread)
- 1 tablespoon light butter/spread of choice, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin tray with cooking oil spray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
- Spoon the batter (about 2 teaspoons) into each muffin hole, filling to to ¾ full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden in colour and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a donut comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and transfer them onto a cooling rack.
- Brush each donut over with a light coating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; toss each donut hole into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated.
- Fill a piping bag with the Nutella. Using a a narrow nozzle, fill each donut with the Nutella until they puff up and expand (not too much or the donuts will overflow).
© 2015 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.