Tender Mongolian Glazed Meatballs are not only FILLED with Asian flavour — they are smothered in the BEST homemade Mongolian sauce to wow your guests!
Well, I couldn’t leave you without a fire cracker of a New Years appetiser! This is my second last post for 2016, and it can’t get any better than THIS! When I first posted this Mongolian Beef And Broccoli Recipe, so many of you guys wrote in to tell me allllll about how much you loved the flavours of the sauce; so this recipe happening was a no brainer. And, as it so happens, after a worldwide search on Google, this is another original Cafe Delites idea and recipe!
First, you’re going to make your meatballs with simple and easy to find ingredients. THEN, you’re going to start a little production line: someone spooning the meat and someone rolling the meatballs. This way, you’re done in 5 minutes. Good, huh? If you can’t find anyone to help you out, well then just roll up your sleeves and get to it!
The meatballs take 10-15 MINUTES to bake! That’s it? YES! And THEN, while they’re baking, you’re going to make the BEST Mongolian-style sauce *slash* glaze to coat your meatballs. By the time they’re done, it’s just a matter of coating and serving.
These Mongolian Glazed Meatballs were ready so fast I didn’t know what to do with myself afterwards. May have made a special brunch beverage for you all — coming tomorrow — which will be the last post of 2016. No better way to end the year than with a delicious alcoholic beverage. Am I right?
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Another ORIGINAL Cafe Delites idea and recipe!
- 2 pounds | 1 kilogram ground beef mince (or pork, chicken, turkey)
- ¾ cup Panko or breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing (Chinese) wine*
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 cup thinly-sliced or chopped green onions (4 green onions)
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves (or 1 tablespoon) garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon minced ginger
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper (or ½-1 tablespoon red chilli / powder)
- Sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F.
- Mix together all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl until well-combined. Spoon out 1-inch of meat mixture with a cookie scoop (or tablespoon), shape into balls and place onto 2 large baking sheets or trays lined with baking or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden browned and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, make your sauce!
- Heat a non-stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk ALL of the sauce ingredients together in the pan until well blended. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking until sauce thickens, while stirring occasionally to prevent burning or sticking on the bottom of the pan (about 8 minutes).
- When meatballs have finished cooking, add half of the meatballs into the pan and gently coat each meatball generously and evenly in the sauce. Transfer the glazed meatballs to a serving dish or tray with a slotted spoon and add in the remaining non-coated meatballs to the sauce. Coat and transfer to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onions (if desired), and serve warm with toothpicks or mini forks.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.