Crispy Lemon, Garlic and Parmesan Baked Chicken Milanese is complete sheet pan dinner with potatoes and green beans smothered in a garlic butter sauce.
Throw your frying pans out the window for this sheet pan meal! Juicy parmesan baked Chicken Milanese is so easy! Crispy, golden, crumbed or breaded chicken fillets (also known as Schnitzels or Milanesas), oven baked instead of deep fried, but with a deep fried TASTE.
Oven Baked Chicken
I mean, who says you have to stand around the stove deep frying crumbed chicken, with oil spitting all over the place and possibly burning off eyebrows? Not me. This crumbed chicken Milanese is our favourite weekend dinner, one my mother is famous for in her house. You should all know I begged and pleaded with her to allow me to share it with you all (just kidding, she pretty much shoved the recipe in my face happy to share).
Parmesan baked chicken for the win!
How To Make Oven Baked Chicken Milanese
- The one thing we do differently with our breaded chicken is we doesn’t use flour. And believe me, you don’t miss it one bit.
- Eggs are whisked and flavoured with garlic, parsley, lemon juice and salt.
- Coat each fillet with a breadcrumb and parmesan mixture. Genius flavours, right?
- Bake in your oven for about 20-25 minutes, and out come the most tender-crisp and juicy milanese / milanesas.
- You can substitute breast for chicken thighs if you wish.
Egg wash for Parmesan Baked Chicken
Since we ALWAYS squeeze juice over the chicken once they’re done, adding juice straight into the egg wash is just as good.
Potatoes and green beans drizzled in garlic butter complete the meal. You could also use:
- Sweet potatoes
- Brussels sprouts
A Crispy Sheet Pan dinner: full flavoured Parmesan Baked Chicken! You’re welcome.
What are readers saying?
“This is my go-to recipe for when company comes, when I’m short on time, when I want something REALLY yummy…basically, ANYTIME!! Thanks for sharing this recipe. It’s one of my FAVES!!” — Jen
“I made this last night. Omg it was so yummy! Well be making this again for sure. 1st time I have ever done the whole dinner on a sheet pan. I’m hooked. Do you have more recipes like that?” — Sonija
More Sheet Pan Meals!
Baked Chicken Milanese ON VIDEO!
Crispy Parmesan Baked Chicken with Veggies (Milanese)
A CAFEDELITES© ORIGINAL RECIPE
For The Chicken:
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper , to season
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 4 skinless , boneless chicken breasts (or thighs)
For The Veggies:
- 8-10 (1 pound | 500 g) baby potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 pound | 500 g green beans , cut into thirds
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F. Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with cooking oil spray, or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, cover and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (if time allows).*
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the egg coated chicken in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture, lightly pressing to evenly coat.
- Place chicken onto the baking sheet / tray and lightly spray with cooking oil spray. Arrange the potatoes around the chicken in a single layer. Mix together the butter, 2 teaspoons garlic and salt to taste, and pour half of the butter mixture over the potatoes. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking tray from the oven and carefully flip each chicken breast. Move the potatoes to one side and place the green beans around the chicken on the other side of the baking sheet. Pour over the remaining garlic butter and return to the oven to broil (or grill) on medium-high heat for a further 10 minutes, or until chicken is golden and crisp, and potatoes are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (optional), and serve immediately.