Creamy Lemon Parmesan Shrimp is a gourmet meal! Only minutes to make and full of lemon parmesan flavours with a good kick of garlic and the option of NO HEAVY CREAM! Only 7 grams of fat per serve!
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Shrimp, Delicious AND healthy? I’m listening…
A restaurant quality dinner made at home for 1/4 of the price and way less fat than a gourmet kitchen!
Out of all the sauces in the world, why are creamy sauces just so much better? WHY when our hips (thighs?) and the rest of us want to cringe when we order them at a restaurant, only our brains and taste buds don’t really care at the time and we just go for it regardless…..usually with painful regret afterwards.
And then there’s shrimp and creamy sauce. They’re just meant to be — a match made in seafood haven. Throw in garlic, parmesan and lemon and what restaurant? Where? We don’t need one. This recipe brings out the inner chefs in our world of home cooking.
First, I want to apologise. I have no progress shots for you because cooking this recipe goes by so fast I had no time! In five minutes I had a pan full of creamy shrimp and a palm to my head for not slowing down. In my defence, I was timing this recipe from start to finish, to report back to YOU that this took me 5 minutes to have on the table, from start to finish.
If you (like me) have been eating out a lot lately and avoiding supermarkets like the plague (because it’s too cold / hot wherever you are in the world….you know who you are), I’m talking to you. No more giving your money away to other people to cook your food, only to walk away with semi-satisfied taste buds and wishful thinking of what it SHOULD have tasted like. More garlic. More flavour. Was it worth the empty wallet? Ummmmm. No.
Because you are going to serve this with a big bowl of rice, pasta, zucchini noodles, cauli rice, or even vegetables, with the satisfaction you made this yourself, with fresh ingredients, a lot of love, and the new title of creamy shrimp hero. Share it. Don’t share it. Whatevs. I’m not judging you.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Shrimp
- 1 pound | 500 grams jumbo-sized shrimp ((or banana prawns))
- 1 tablespoon butter ((or olive oil))
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups milk ((full fat or 2% -- or sub with reduced fat cream, heavy cream or thickened cream)*)
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (, plus extra to serve)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch ((cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk)
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice -- juice of 1 lemon ((adjust to your tastes))
- Heat the butter (or oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot. Fry the shrimp (prawns) for 2 minutes each side until pink and 'just' cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the remaining butter (or oil) in the pan and fry until fragrant (about 1 minute). Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the milk (or cream). Bring the sauce to a boil; season with salt and pepper to your taste; add in the parmesan cheese and and allow sauce to simmer for about 2 minutes until thicker. Add the cornstarch/water mixture into the centre of the pan and whisk through fast to combine into the sauce. It will begin to thicken immediately.
- Take off heat and stir in the lemon juice. Add the shrimp (prawns) back into the pan; top with lemon slices, parsley, extra parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and salt (if needed), to serve.
- Serve over steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles, rice or cooked pasta.
ADAPTED FROM THIS LEMON PARMESAN CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE