Super creamy Chicken Noodle Soup beats any soup any day. The perfect comfort food in a bowl, lightened up with half of the calories AND no heavy cream!
This Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is unlike any other, in its own amazing and unique way! Just over 300 calories per serve! ONE pot. NO cream. FULL of flavour.
You won’t even miss the cream in this soup, mistaking it for a non-forgiving, fat producing bowl of calories. Its safe to say your family (including you, of course) will go back for seconds with this soup. Well, if they’re anything like mine, they will argue over who gets to soak up the very last drops of soup left over in the pot with toasted garlic bread.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
It’s not often I share a soup recipe on my blog. The last was the Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Corn Chowder and before that was this popular Roasted Tomato Basil Soup and this Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup. Because the weather has been SO miserable and cold, going backwards instead of forwards, soup has been coming out of our ears.
This was the latest and BEST soup out of my kitchen. With creamy soups it is so easy to just throw in a bottle or three of heavy or thickened cream.
In comes this soup.
So how do we get this ultra creamy soup with no cream? You’re going to use milk. Yes, it works. And none of this pre-made chicken and throwing it in the end business. No no no. We want FLAVOUR. Pure chicken flavour.
How To Make Soup Full Of Flavour
- Sear some succulent chicken thighs in a small amount of olive oil first.
- Add your veggies.
- Throw in some flour and milk.
- Pour in some broth (or stock) and simmer your ingredients until soft and tender, and the chicken is easily shredded.
- Discard the bones; add the chicken back into the pot with noodles and milk and watch the magic happen.
Thick and creamy soup. Instead of noodles, you can add in zucchini noodles for a lower carb option, or sweet potato noodles for a healthier option. Whatever you choose, this soup simmering away on your stove will have you impatiently drooling.
WATCH US MAKE THIS Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup HERE:
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Makes over 12 cups!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 skinless (bone-in chicken thighs)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 large carrots (sliced)
- 1 celery stalk (diced)
- 1/3 cup plain | all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 chicken bullion cube (crushed (or 2-3 teaspoons vegetable stock powder))
- 1 good pinch of salt ((adjust to you taste))
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups 2% milk*
- 10 ounces | 300 grams uncooked egg noodles or pasta of choice
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sear the chicken thighs on both sides until golden (about 3 minutes each side).
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery. Sauté for another 5 minutes until the onion becomes transparent and the celery begins to soften.
- Add flour, parsley, crushed bullion cube (or vegetable stock powder), and salt. Mix all of the ingredients through and allow to cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour in broth and mix everything together. Increase heat and bring to a boil for about 4 minutes (the broth will begin to thicken). Reduce heat, partially cover the pot with a lid, and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred the meat; discard the bones.
- Add the chicken back into the soup along with the milk and noodles (or pasta). Bring to a boil and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes until the noodles are JUST beginning to soften.
- Taste test the soup and add extra salt or pepper or stock powder if desired to suit your tastes.
- Add the peas and continue to cook until the peas are cooked and the soup has thickened.
- Serve warm.