Bruschetta Chicken Pasta Salad is a must make for any occasion! With Italian seasoned grilled chicken and a good kick of garlic and parmesan cheese, this is one pasta salad that will impress!
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta… It was time to make a kick-ass carb recipe that you won’t regret!
With nearly ALL of the salads on this site full of lettuce and good-for-you-vegetables, it was time to bust out some carbs and give you something different. This is one recipe that I had to go digging into the archives for! Two years ago, I made and posted this Chicken Bruschetta Pasta Salad which had been an emergency lunch for a few weeks (back then), and shared it before I knew how to focus a camera lens even. Anyway, the point is, that salad went crazy loco world wide with the embarrassing photo attached to it. The only problem, is, that recipe is a single serve recipe — a lazy girls recipe — and I’ve been busting to remake it ever since. Fast forward two years to a better lens and a bit more patience, and here we are. Again.
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta Recipe
For this version, you can feed a crowd and be the most popular person at your next gathering / function / partayyy / or dining room. Still a semi-lazy girls version, this pasta salad is even better than the last one, and can be served warm OR cold!
I’m’a break this down:
- Chicken grilled or seared in Italian seasonings.
- Ripe roma tomatoes tossed with a garlic and onion infused olive oil → pan fried first to release all of their incredible flavours.
- Balsamic vinegar, some parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, basil or parsley.
Mamamia what a salad!
Add extra parmesan cheese and look at that! The most beautiful and filing pasta!
If you’re looking for a low carb version and something similar, check out this Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Avocado Bruschetta Salad!
Watch our Bruschetta Chicken Pasta being made right here!
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 pound (500 g) thin spaghetti pasta, (dry weight)
- 1 pound (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, (2 large breasts)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped (about 1/3 of a red onion)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, (adjust to your tastes)
- 8 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic glaze to serve (optional) -- I use store bought
- Cook pasta according to package directions; Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- While the pasta is boiling, season chicken with the herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil on in a grill pan or skillet, and sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 6 minutes each side). Remove from pan; set aside and allow to rest.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same hot pan / skillet. When hot, sauté the garlic and red onion until garlic is fragrant (about 1 minute). Turn off heat.
- Add in the tomatoes, toss them lightly in the heat to warm them through and combine all of the flavours. Add the tomato mixture onto the pasta.
- Mix in the vinegar, parmesan cheese and basil (or parsley). Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Slice the chicken; add to pasta. Toss the pasta with all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of extra parmesan cheese (OPTIONAL) and serve immediately with balsamic glaze, OR refrigerate up to an hour before serving.