Chicken Bruschetta Pasta Salad
Oh carbs. How I love carbs! And pasta makes me go super weak at the knees.
The pasta I used for this is a Spelt spaghetti from the supermarket. So filling I could only eat half!! And no bloating issues! Just what I need.
I highly recommend spelt to everyone and anyone. Since reading up on it online, I am a loyal and faithful convert. It is a little more expensive than regular old pasta, but so worth the extra $$!
This was so easy to make with very few ingredients.
The following recipe is a single serve recipe, as it was more of an emergency lunch I cooked up while on my solo…however feel free to adjust the quantities to how many serves you need.
- 1/2 cup boiled pasta, drained (60g dry weight)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small chicken breast, (135g), pre-grilled and seasoned with <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KACQMCS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00KACQMCS&linkCode=as2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=46MIA3SNQHDQUHCH">Flavor God Everything Seasoning</a><img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B00KACQMCS" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> (or any garlic powder or seasoning of choice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic olive oil
- Drizzle of balsamic glaze
- Simply mix pasta, onion and tomatoes together in a bowl
- Mix through the oil and season with a little salt (to suit your tastes)
- Top with chicken and drizzle with balsamic glaze
- That's it!
- Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese. Pour yourself a glass of wine...I MEAN water! (Ahem). Put your feet up and enjoy!
Such a simple, light and low in fat meal that takes minutes to prepare and seconds to demolish!