Chicken Bruschetta Pasta Salad
Oh carbs. How I love carbs! And pasta makes me go super weak at the knees.
The pasta I used for this is a Spelt spaghetti from the supermarket. So filling I could only eat half!! And no bloating issues! Just what I need.
I highly recommend spelt to everyone and anyone. Since reading up on it online, I am a loyal and faithful convert. It is a little more expensive than regular old pasta, but so worth the extra $$!
This was so easy to make with very few ingredients.
The following recipe is a single serve recipe, as it was more of an emergency lunch I cooked up while on my solo…however feel free to adjust the quantities to how many serves you need.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1/2 cup boiled pasta, drained (60g dry weight)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small chicken breast, (135g), pre-grilled and seasoned with <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KACQMCS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00KACQMCS&linkCode=as2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=46MIA3SNQHDQUHCH">Flavor God Everything Seasoning</a><img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B00KACQMCS" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> (or any garlic powder or seasoning of choice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic olive oil
- Drizzle of balsamic glaze
Simply mix pasta, onion and tomatoes together in a bowl
Mix through the oil and season with a little salt (to suit your tastes)
Top with chicken and drizzle with balsamic glaze
Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese. Pour yourself a glass of wine...I MEAN water! (Ahem). Put your feet up and enjoy!
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Such a simple, light and low in fat meal that takes minutes to prepare and seconds to demolish!