Have you ever just wanted the best of both worlds and ended up cramming them into one? That’s what this mash up is. A deliciously creamy blend of avocado dip and hummus makes for one hell of an avocado hummus in minutes!
Since avocados are becoming extremely expensive here in Australia — we’re just about selling our souls for one avocado — this avocado hummus feels like the ultimate in fine dining!
The problem with hummus in this family is that my children aren’t big on the flavour. If you’re children (or surrounding adults) are like mine and love avocado dip, try this for extra protein and nutrition. It beats any store bought dip or mayonnaise on crackers!
When making any type of hummus, I’ve tried peeling each chickpea in a can, (mental, I know) and I’ve tried leaving their husks on. I’ve even gone the extra mile to soak them over night and boil them for an hour the next day to see what happens. My kitchen becomes some-what of a laboratory when recipe testing….with Beyonce blaring through the speakers with all her single ladies. Now put your hands up.
Honestly, there isn’t much of a difference at all between all of them. Especially when adding the avocado. So the good news is, if you’re looking for a quick fix and a dip in minutes…this is for you! Step away from your chips and proceed into your kitchens. I could sit here and explain how easy this really is, but the pictures speak for themselves ↓
The most important thing to me when making this hummus is to keep all of the traditional flavours of hummus of tahini, lemon and garlic. The avocado just adds extra creaminess and nutrition.
Sprinkle with paprika for a finishing touch. I’m thinking I’m liking avocado hummus more than traditional authentic hummus?
No. False alarm. They’re both just as good as each other.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, well drained
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice (adjust to your tastes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , plus extra to serve
- 2 large cloves garlic , peeled
- 2 medium ripe avocados , cored and peeled (13 oz before cored and peeled)
- Paprika for serving
- Flatbreads or Pita bread to serve
- Combine chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth. Add in 2-3 tablespoons of water if needed to help your processor and process again until smooth and creamy. Season with salt to taste. Add the avocados and process again until creamy and well blended.
- Drizzle with olive oil to serve and top with a light dusting of paprika. Serve with flatbread!
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.