Chai Apple Muffins.
Oh hello beautiful vanilla chai spiced Apple Muffins with soft, tender apple pieces!
Let me start off my saying… Chai is an often under-estimated tea used in baking. It’s looked at as just a tea. But Chai can be added to anything. Pancakes, Cakes…and my favourite…muffins..
These muffins are a rip-off from a Honey Chai Apple Pancakes recipe I made a while back now..way back before I ever knew I was going to start blogging my stuff. These muffins turned put super fluffy, soft and sweet with a hint of vanilla chai and those beautiful soft apple pieces bursting through every mouthful.
These soft muffins hit the spot. Super fluffy and irresistibly moist and so simple to make.
Start off by brewing your tea.
And wait for your house to fill with the beautiful chai aroma…
Perfect with an afternoon cup of tea…or coffee…or more Chai! Because why not?
- 3 vanilla chai tea bags
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 red apples (unpeeled) cored and diced finely
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 356°F (180°C).
- Grease 2 muffin tins with cooking oil spray, wiping with a paper towel.
- Place tea bag in the boiling water and set aside to brew.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine apples, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar, mixing well until apples are coated.
- Add the eggs, butter, apple sauce, honey and brewed tea. Squeeze any excess tea from the tea bag into the cake batter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour(s), baking powder and salt until all ingredients are combined.
- Mix in to wet ingredients.
- Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of batter per muffin into prepared muffin tins and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.