Loaded Greek Chicken Avocado Salad is another meal in a salad! Loaded with Greek flavours and ingredients, with a 5-ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade!
A Loaded Greek Chicken Avocado Salad is one of our favourites. You might remember this Greek Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad from last year? Well, this salad is EXACTLY the same as THAT ONE, without the flatbreads and Tzatziki!
I can’t believe it’s 7:30 in the am, I’m sippin’ on a fresh cup of coffee, and all I want is this Greek Salad. A couple of weeks ago, we made A VIDEO for my Avocado Greek Salad & Greek Salad Dressing, and finally got around to posting it last night (good things take time — especially with the amount of clients we have). Well, after videoing that salad, we wanted to eat it with some chicken, so we proceeded to make up some more dressing (that doubles as a marinade — you know how I roll), and grill some chicken breasts. Adding some romaine lettuce to help bulk it up a bit since there were 4 of us hungry people drooling all over each other, I stepped back when it was finished and died a little.
We loved it so much, we ended up making it again the very next day for lunch, when I could swear I’d already made it before? But when? How? Ahhhhh yeaaaahhh THIS ONE! This is exactly how the thought processes work in my brain.
WAAAIIIYYYTTT! I NEED TO SHOOT IT! Step away from the salad and put your forks down. Hands where I can see ’em. That would be me, screaming at all the forks about to dive in. I slices some avocado on the side and took 5 shots. FIVE! It’s so beautiful I didn’t need to touch anything else.
And this salad was born. Low carb in all its glory > healthy > easy > and super delisioso. Filled with everything you find in a Greek salad from good Greek restaurants, this salad would rival any restaurant salad. Green peppers (or capsicums), cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Plus avocado for the added benefit of health fats; and chicken! Like I say, MEAL IN A SALAD.
As I said, this dressing — down there — also doubles as a marinade.
The dressing is made THEN divided to create both the marinade and the dressing. The chicken DOES NOT touch the salad dressing itself.
A loaded salad full of good for you ingredients. It does NOT get any better!
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, halved to make four fillets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 2 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce leaves (or cos lettuce), washed and shredded
- 2 large Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways and sliced
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- ½ green pepper (or capsicum), deseeded and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 7 oz | 200 g fresh Feta cheese, cubed
- ½ cup (3 oz | 80 g) pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthways
- 1 avocado
- Whisk together all the marinade / dressing ingredients in large, shallow dish. Pour out ½ cup to use as the dressing; reserve in the refrigerator for later to use as the dressing.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the shallow dish and evenly coat; cover and allow to marinade for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinading, prepare all of the salad ingredients (except for the avocado) in a large bowl and mix.
- Heat a large grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan along with any marinade left over in the bowl. Grill or sear until the chicken is golden on the outside and cooked through, (about 5-6 minutes each side).
- Remove chicken from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thickly and arrange over salad. Slice avocados and arrange on salad. Drizzle with the reserved UNTOUCHED dressing, and serve!
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.