Easy Oven Baked Barbecue Chicken Pizza Tacos are full of pizza flavours, stuffed inside a crispy taco shell, to give you the BEST of both worlds!
I have three questions for you:
1/ Q: What’s better than Taco’s?
2/ Q: What’s better than Pizza?
3/ Q: What’s better than both of those?
A: The merging of two of the greatest foods of our lifetime. A pizza taco. No, this isn’t authentic Italian or Mexican BUUUHT it sure is a hell of a way to thoroughly enjoy both AT THE SAME TIME.
If you’ve been following me for a wile, you already know my obsession with barbecue chicken pizza is a pretty big deal, and I usually stuff those flavours into whatever I can. There was the BBQ Chicken Pizza Pull Apart Bread; a Barbecue Chicken Pizza Egg Wrap; Barbecue Chicken Pizzadilla (Pizza Quesadilla).
It’s real, people.
For this recipe, I went with a Barbecue Chicken Pizza inspired Taco, because WHO doesn’t love a good BBQ Chicken Pizzah?
First: Make your chicken in the best 2-ingredient sauce EVER, and fill your Taco shells. I suggest sprinkling the base of each shell with shredded cheese to stop them from going soggy. They stay perfectly crunchy this way.
Next, bake them until the cheese oozes down and melts through your chicken pizza stuffing / topping.
I serve these as they are. No need for sour cream or guac! BUUUUHT you can top these Oven baked Barbecue Chicken Pizza Tacos with whatever your heart desires!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 8 PER TACO
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500 grams | 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- Salt to season
- 10 stand and stuff taco shells
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ of green bell pepper | capsicum, deseeded and sliced thinly
- ¼ of a red onion, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- Italian pizza topper or seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F. Spray a a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and sear until golden and crisp. Add the garlic; fry until fragrant (about 1 minute); then add the barbecue sauce and salt to season (about ½ teaspoon salt). Cook until chicken is coated and glossy, and the sauce slightly thickens. Turn off heat.
- Arrange taco shells in the baking dish. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of shredded cheese into each taco shell to keep them from going soggy. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into each shell on top of the cheese until all the chicken is used. Top with the green pepper slices, onion slices, mushrooms and olives. Top shells with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted through.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or condiments of choice.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.