Weeknight dinner made simple with Greek baked chicken and potatoes. So many flavours happening in one pan and dinner is ready in less than 45 minutes!
One tray meals have always been a favourite of mine. Throwing a pan full of food in the oven, and letting the oven take care of dinner, is my kind of cooking, like this One Pan Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon + Asparagus. Or this Oven Fried Chicken with Broccoli.
When I make this Greek chicken and potatoes however, I almost always have a pot of soup on the stove to eat with it. Come to think of it, the Creamy Roasted Tomato Basil Soup would be incredible with this and I can’t believe I just thought of it NOW.
After enduring a Harry Potter marathon 3 times this week (as in, all 8 movies, 3 times each. Yes. Really. In one week), and watching those kids sit at those huge tables full of food, the one that caught my eye was the big fat pieces of chicken. I had no idea what was watching form that moment onwards. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. So naturally, chicken for dinner. Every night. For one week.
You know what the best part is? Filling your fork with chicken, then an olive, then a piece of feta, then a piece of red onion, then a potato. Not necessarily in that order, but you know what I mean.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 2 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano, plus extra
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus extra
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on or off
- 500 g | 17½ oz potatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons cubed Feta cheese
- Combine marinade ingredients together in a large, shallow dish. Add the chicken and coat evenly. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes if rushed, 1 hour if time allows, or over night, turning each chicken thigh occasionally in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 220°C | 430°F. Spray a baking pan / sheet with cooking oil spray, or lightly grease with oil. Arrange the chicken, potatoes and onion wedges on the baking tray / sheet. Drizzle the potatoes and onion with a small amount of olive oil and juice from half of the lemon. Season chicken. potatoes and onion with the extra salt and pepper to taste, and extra oregano. Toss the potatoes and onion through the oil mixture to evenly coat. Slice the remaining lemon into thick slices and arrange over the chicken.
- Bake until the potatoes are golden/crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 30 minutes). Change oven setting to grill / broil on a medium heat setting for about 5 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Serve with olives and feta cheese.
Marinade adapted from this Greek Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.