Single Serve Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie (Low Carb)
For those emergency episodes where you want a cookie, but you don’t want to risk your cravings with a whole batch of cookies. A single serve and jumbo sized salted chocolate chip cookie will fix anything at anytime.
Remember my Low Carb Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie? That is this….halved, halved again, and halved again. Sort of.
Crispy on the outside and fudgy on the inside, sprinkled with salt and melted chocolate chips.
A cookie big enough to kill your cravings without the temptation of eating a whole entire skillet or pan worth of cookie pies.
It took about 2 minutes to make it the first time, trying to get the consistency right: adding more flour, slowly mixing through butter and enough whisked egg to make sure it was perfect cookie dough.
The second time making it? Well, I had a recipe to follow. So this time around it took less than one minute to mix it all together; maybe another minute to mould it into a cookie shape, and about 15 minutes of baking.
If you’re anything like me, it’s unbelievably difficult to keep from peeking into the oven every 10 seconds just to make sure it’s working. Meanwhile, the cookie smells filling the kitchen weren’t helping. But it was all worth it.
And extremely lucky I only had this one to inhale. I don’t think a whole batch of cookies would have lasted.
The perfect craving emergency fixed.
If you’re feeling extra generous…there’s always the possibility of splitting it in two.
But no…I don’t think so.
Weight Watchers: 8pp
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of 1 lightly whisked egg *See Notes
- 2 teaspoons granulated sweetener (if not following low carb, sub with white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond flour (if not following low carb, substitute with plain or all purpose flour plus ⅛ teaspoon baking powder)
- 2 tablespoons sugar free chocolate chips
- sea salt flakes to sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 176°C | 350°F. Whisk together the melted butter, egg, sweetener, sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add in the almond flour (or plain flour if using) and the chocolate chips, mixing through gently until the batter is well combined and creamy.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden browned and the cookie is set. Allow to cool and sprinkle with salt flakes.
© 2015 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.