Sticky Thai Chicken Wings glazed with a sticky sauce infused with authentic Thai flavours you most probably already have on hand in the kitchen! Just like the Chicken Fajita Salad, the sticky dipping sauce also doubles as your marinade. No need for two separate sauces and extra complications. Just whip up one batch and divide in half; use one half as a marinade while the other half is simmered over stove top until it thickens into the perfect dipping sauce.
A flawless balance of sweet, salty with a hint of spice — but not enough to knock your socks off! What a salad!
So, how was your Valentine’s Day? What’d you do? Who’d you do it wi….never mind.
This is what we did. We ate chicken wings until we passed out. Because sticky wings are absolutely romantic.
I’d be lying if I told you these weren’t dinner on three separate occasions. Chicken wings are normally thought of as an appetiser, but not in this house. In this house, we do things backwards and eat our entrees at dinner time — just larger portion sizes — and dessert as a starter. Like those Red Velvet Churros…maybe. We also, clearly, don’t do themes. Like, for example, most families are super organised and will pair a Thai (in this case) dinner with a Thai dessert. No, not I. That’s way too much information for my head. My family’s lucky they get their clothes washed in time when they need something.
And they’re also lucky to get this type of food on an almost daily basis…am I right? Because who wouldn’t want Thai Chicken Wings?
The special thing about this recipe is that these wings are baked in a sticky sauce and then coated in the same sticky sauce afterwards, with any extra for dipping.
If you try them, please remember to hashtag #cafedelites on Instagram. You can see all of my recipes being recreated here! Very VERY cool!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers Smart Points; 8 per generous serve
- 1 1/2 kg | 3 lbs chicken wings/nibbles (tip removed, drumettes and flats separated)
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes (adjust to your taste)
- 3/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar , or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame (or peanut) oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced to serve
- Red chilli flakes
- Generous pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F. Lightly spray a large baking tray with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- To prepare the glaze, combine all of the glaze ingredients in a small bowl or jug; whisk until combined. Pour half of the sauce into a small saucepan and reserve for later.
- Trim any excess skin off of the wing edges. Season with salt to taste. Place the wings on the prepared baking tray; pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat evenly. Arrange the wings in a single layer and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While the wings are in the oven, bring the remaining glaze to a simmer on low-medium heat, until the sauce bubbles up and begins to thicken (it should take about 5 minutes).
- Once the chicken wings are cooked on the one side, rotate each piece and bake again for an extra 10 minutes. Change oven settings to grill (or broil) on a medium-high heat setting; baste wings with half of the ready-made glaze and allow to crisp up for a further 5 minutes. They will look golden and shiny from the glaze.
- Once the wings are golden, remove them from the oven and baste again with glaze. Garnish with the cilantro, onion slices, chilli flakes and sprinkle with salt (if needed). Serve with any remaining glaze for dipping!
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.