Red Velvet Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt with a Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Swirl… Why, hello No Churn Red-Velvet-Cookie-Dough-Fro-Yo…. It’s been a while. How you been?
YES! ICE CREAM! I would honestly have about a billion brain freezes for scoffing it down my throat! But that doesn’t matter because it’s bloody good!
Don’t mind me. I’m pretending its over 40 degrees celsius over here…enjoying the hell out of this Frozen Yogurt, while possibly freezing my lips shut.
This isn’t just any frozen yogurt people. This is cookie dough made into a frozen yogurt…swirled with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese *slash* Cheesecake.
Have I lost my mind? No, I don’t think so? But it is a possibility.
I’m sure you guys will forgive me when you try this thing out for yourselves. Because…it all starts with Cookie Dough and Chocolate Chips and Red Velvet.
And pouring on the ‘Cheesecake *slash* Cream Cheese’ to create a swirl all through your frozen yogurt.
How long did this take? A good 5 minutes to prepare and make…and about 4 hours waiting ever-so-patiently-while-tapping-my-foot-and-sighing-every-5-minutes-to-plant-our-faces-into-the-whole-container. Give or take.
In other words…you don’t need an ice cream maker to make this! And you don’t need to be mixing it every 20 minutes for 5 hours to get a creamy consistency. Ohhhh happy days.
And may I say….worth every minute spent tapping feet and wringing fingers just waiting for Red Velvet bliss to hit our very own taste buds.
Next on my list? An ice-cream maker. But for now? COOKIE DOUGH FRO-YO…YO!
Red Velvet Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
Weight Watchers: 4pp per scoop (out of 16 scoops)
Red Velvet Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese , softened
- 2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons red food colouring (or beetroot juice from canned beetroot slices)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 250 g | 8oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugars in a medium-sized bowl until creamy and well blended. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, beating to combine. Add in the cream cheese and mix until well blended; pour in the yogurt and red colouring. Mix until well blended. Fold the chocolate chips through and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and prepare cream cheese swirl:
- Combine the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla paste, mixing well until smooth and creamy. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the red velvet mixture and swirl through the red velvet.
- Freeze for over 4 hours or until set.
- Remove from freezer for about 10 minutes before serving!