One Pot Italian Sundried Tomato Chicken and Rice
This One-Pot Italian chicken and rice meal is ready in 45 minutes. So easy to prepare you won’t believe it when it’s done! And all in one pan! No rice cookers. No extra pans.
Cheers to less washing up and more eating…..and…CARBS!
This is something we do all the time over here…and it would have to be one of the BEST chicken recipes I have on my blog. Crispy on the outside; tender and falling apart on the inside, sundried tomato infused chicken baked to a golden crisp on a bed of Italian spiced Rice.
Kind of like the Crispy Beer Chicken — Mmmmmm….beeeerrrr — but with a tomato flavour so rich with sundered tomato, it’s hard to share. No really. It.was.hard.to.share.What do you do? You sear them first, until they’re crispy and smelling your whole house down with fried chicken smells. Then you let the oven do all the work. That’s it.
Adding olives into it gives it hands down the best salty flavour. This is insane!
Sprinkle over some parmesan cheese and dinner is served so fast your mouth won’t believe you.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets
- 4 drumsticks
- 1 red onion , cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red capsicum/bell pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 4 whole garlic cloves , smashed with the back of a knife
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 1/2 cup Sundried tomato strips in oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley , finely chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or 1 1/2 cups water + 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (to serve)
- chopped parsley (to serve)
- Heat oven to 200c | 400F. Heat the oil in a large, shallow ovenproof cast iron skillet/or pan. Add the chicken and fry for 3-4 mins on medium-high heat. Turn and fry again until golden all over. Add the onion, red capsicum/peppers and garlic and fry for about 3 mins or until lightly golden and onion is transparent. Transfer the chicken onto a plate; stir the olives, sundried tomato strips, basil, oregano, parsley and rice into the pan; allow the rice to soak up all the juices. Return the chicken pieces back to the pan on top of the rice; add the tomatoes and stock. Bring everything to the boil, rotate the chicken in the sauce before transferring to the oven. Cover with foil and allow to bake for about 40 minutes (depending on your oven) until the rice has softened. Remove cover and change oven settings to grill/broil on medium heat; grill/broil for a further 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is crispy and golden.
- Season with a little salt to taste and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese (optional).
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.