No Bake Eggnog Berry Cheesecakes
With a gingerbread cookie base and sugared berries as a topping, these mini no bake eggnog cheesecakes — parfaits or trifles — will get you through Christmas and future Thanksgiving dinners.
A lot of my readers on Instagram have been asking for more dessert ideas that aren’t going to bust us out of our jeans just before the new year.
In come these. It’s no secret I love no bake stuff. No bake parfaits and cheesecakes are one my the best ways to get out of baking while trying to roast/cook 50 million different other things. That’s where these come in.
Simply blitz up the gingerbread cookies and spoon out the crumbs into the base of your serving cups……
Coat your berries in sugar…
Mix up your cheesecake full of real eggnog..
Top with your berries…
And watch the glasses go from full to empty in less than one minute.
No Bake EggNog Berry Cheesecakes
- 2 x 250g | 8oz tubs light 80% less fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 1/3 cup light thickened cream (or Greek yogurt for less calories)
- 1/2 cup icing/powdered sugar (or substitute with a natural sweetener for less calories)
- 1-2 tablespoons Rum or Brandy (adjust to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 200 g | 7oz Gingerbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg for dusting
- 2 cups of mixed berries , frozen and thawed or fresh (raspberries, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries -- the choice is yours)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (fine sugar)
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese, cream and sugar until thick and smooth. Add the rum/brandy and vanilla, beating again until combined. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- In the meantime, place the biscuits in a magic bullet cup or food processor, and process until finely crushed. Add in the butter and blitz again until combined. Divide the biscuit crumbs among eight 150ml (about 2/3 cup) capacity serving glasses and press into the base of each glass.
- Once chilled, divide the cheesecake mix evenly among the glasses over the gingerbread base and dust with nutmeg. Top with the berries and serve.