Frozen Strawberry and Mango Margaritas for Cinco De Mayo! It’s here! After posting those Frozen Margarita Slushies a few days ago, many of you have messaged me asking how to make them with fruits, and if the same recipe would work using frozen fruits. The answer is YES!
Frozen Strawberry and Mango Margaritas are better than the original! In fact, I don’t know which version I liked better. You can decide that for yourself!
The texture of the Mango flavour blew my mind. It’s creamy and sweet, yet boozy with the subtle hint of lime.
Then I tried the Strawberry before the effects of alcohol kicked in. Can I just say right now that this was the best and most fun I’ve had shooting since starting this blog. There’s nothing like celebrating — on my own — with boozed up slushies.
If you’re celebrating… Feliz Cinco De Mayo!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON
FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Frozen Strawberry and Mango MargaritasPRINT SAVE go to your favorites
- For The Rim:
- 2 tablespoons salt (approximately)
- 1 lime wedge
- For The Margaritas:
- 2 shots (100 ml or ⅓ cup) Tequila
- 1 shot (50 ml or 2½ tablespoons) Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Juice of 2 limes (1/2 cup lime juice)
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (I used sliced strawberries or diced mango)
- Lime slices to garnish/ serve
- Pour salt over a small plate; rub the lime wedge over the rim of each glass. Dip each glass into the salt and set aside. (Or transfer to the refrigerator to chill.)
- Blend the Tequila, Triple Sec (or Cointreau), lime juice, ice and fruit together until ice is crushed and the consistency of a slushy. Add more ice as needed. Serve immediately.
Ah!! I want them both for like a double layer, double trouble situation. Yum!!
Right?! Me too! Drinking both at the same time was AMAZING. Definitely layer them!