Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushroom Chicken & Bacon is packed full of flavour for an easy, weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushroom Chicken & Bacon is a perfect meal for all of your family and friends to enjoy!
Where do I start with THIS PAN? The crispy skinned, juicy chicken thighs ? Or the crispy bacon? Maybe the garlic / parmesan cream sauce loaded with sliced mushrooms? Where where WHERE?
For Lower Calorie And Points
I’ve included a cream free option for those of us worried about squeezing jeans passed our non-forgiving thighs. Creamy sauces are a favourite over here and I usually cheat on cream with milk like in this creamy piccata OR this sun dried tomato chicken. HowEVER, I sometimes like to use a reduced fat cream, because HELLO IT’S CREAM. ALSO, for those of you following low carb and high fat, go for gold with the heavy cream! May the fats be forever in your favor.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushroom Chicken & Bacon
Dinner in my house has been looking a lot like this lately — mighty fine if you ask me. 30-40 minute dinners where my oven is fast becoming my bestest friend. I’ve been pulling out our old family favourite recipes and wondering why the hell I haven’t shared them yet.
This one takes the cake. Or the cream. Whatever.
Parmesan And Garlic
These flavours are seen in most of our family recipes. Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Parmesan Salmon, Garlic Parmesan Mac And Cheese, Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potatoes, etc. When sharing this Mac and Cheese video on Facebook, my husband was all over me telling me to try the same flavours in a creamy sauce with CHICKEN AND THROW IN SOME BACON FOR GOOD MEASURE.
WATCH HOW WE MAKE THIS Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushroom Chicken & Bacon HERE!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
AN ORIGINAL CAFEDELITES © RECIPE
- 6 bone-in , skin-on or off chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed
- 7 ounces | 200 grams diced bacon
- 14 ounces | 400 grams sliced brown mushrooms (cremini)
- 1 cup cream OR milk*
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Salt , only if needed to your taste
- Extra chopped fresh parsley , to garnish
- Fresh shaved or grated parmesan , to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F.
- Arrange chicken on a plate. Combine together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a jug. Rub the oil mixture over the chicken to completely coat.
- Heat a large oven proof pan or skillet over medium high heat. Sear the chicken, skin-side down first, until skin is crisp and golden brown. Rotate and sear the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Transfer to oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Once chicken is done, remove from skillet; set aside. Pour out HALF of the chicken juices left in the pan.
- Using the same skillet the chicken was in, fry the garlic in the reserved chicken juices over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the bacon and fry until just beginning to crisp. Add in the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Pour in the cream OR milk, chicken broth and Parmesan; allow to simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. SEE NOTES if using milk INSTEAD of cream option)
- Season with pepper. Taste first before adding in any extra salt, as the bacon will add the salt.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes in the cream to take on the flavours.
- Garnish with parsley and shaved or grated parmesan, if desired. Serve over rice, pasta, or steamed/grilled vegetables.
- If using cream, half and half, thickened cream, heavy cream, or light or reduced fat cooking cream are all fine to use. If you prefer a thicker sauce, whisk together 1 level teaspoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon milk until lump free and well blended. Add the mixture into the cream sauce, while stirring continuously, until thickened.
- If using milk, skim, low fat, full fat, almond, or cashew, etc are fine to use, to reduce calories. Add in the milk; bring to a simmer; whisk 2 teaspoons of cornstarch into 1-2 tablespoons of *extra* milk; pour cornstarch mixture into the centre of the pan; stir continuously until the milk thickens and becomes a 'cream'.
Nutrition facts are calculated based on skin-on, bone in thighs, and reduced fat cream.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.