Chunky Shrimp Guacamole is easy to make, and ready in minutes!
Always a hit with whoever we serve it to, this guac is perfect as an appetizer, or just for everyday lunches and snacks! With the option to pan fry your shrimp OR use pre-cooked shrimp, either way you will love this Chunky Shrimp Guacamole recipe!
If you’ve been following Cafe Delites for a while now, you may remember this Shrimp Guacamole Salad I made you guys a couple of years ago. Wanting to reshoot it for so long, I instead opted to give you all my mother’s famous Chunky Shrimp Guacamole instead!
Serve the guac straight after mixing all of the ingredients through together with chips, veggie sticks, or whatever your heart desires!
Chunky Shrimp Guacamole
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice, or lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound (500 grams) shrimp, no shell and no tails (raw or pre cooked is fine)
- 4 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 a medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes (or cherry or Roma tomatoes)
- 1-2 large jalapeños stemmed, seeded and finely-diced (adjust the amount to your spice preference)
- 1/2 red pepper (capsicum) deseeded and chopped (OPTIONAL)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil (OPTIONAL)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Combine shrimp together with the lemon (or lime juice), minced garlic and salt and pepper, to taste.
- If using raw shrimp: fry in a hot pan until cooked through (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer to a salad bowl. If using pre-cooked shrimp: you can do the first step right in the salad bowl. No need to cook them again.
- Add the avocados, onion, tomatoes, jalapeños and red peppers (if using). Drizzle with the lemon (or lime) juice, olive oil (If using), cilantro (or parsley), salt cumin and pepper.
- Toss gently until evenly mixed through. For a creamier guac, continue mixing until reaching your desired consistency. For a mashed guac, feel free to smash the avocado with a fork, until reaching desired texture. (When doing this, we like to leave some avocado chunks in there.)
- Taste and season with extra salt if needed, or an extra squeeze of lemon juice. Serve immediately with chips or veggie sticks for dipping.