Shrimp Guacamole Salad is a guacamole in a salad bowl!
You guys are going to LOVE this salad! Pan fried shrimp in lemon and garlic flavours are mixed through guacamole ingredients to make one of the best salads I’ve ever tried! Finished off with a drizzle of lemon or lime dressing, what’s not to love!
Okay, so technically this is not as guacamole, BUT you’ll get all of the crucial guacamole flavours mixed through in this salad.
Try this out on the most avid guac fan and they WILL fall in love with this!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Shrimp Guacamole Salad is a guacamole in a salad bowl! Pan fried shrimp in lemon and garlic flavours are mixed through guacamole ingredients!
- 500 grams 1 pound shrimp no shell and no tails (raw or pre cooked is fine)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled , pitted and sliced
- 1/2 a medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large green jalapeños, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 1 large red jalapeño, stemmed seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Combine shrimp together with the lemon (or lime juice), minced garlic and salt and pepper, to taste.
If using raw shrimp: fry in a hot pan until cooked through (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer to a salad bowl.
If using pre-cooked shrimp: you can do the first step right in the salad bowl. No need to cook them again.
Add in the lettuce, avocados, onion, tomatoes, jalapeños, lemon juice (or lime juice), olive oil, cilantro (or parsley), salt and cumin. Toss all the ingredients together until well combined. Taste and season with extra salt if needed. Serve immediately! Great to serve with Nacho chips!
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.